Sign in to follow this  

last year models

Im watching a 08 CRF 250X at a dealership. Its at $5599 right now. Any idea when they really start dropping the prices to move last year models out. Need some tactics to get them down in price.

It depends on the dealer. I've seen some dealers with 3-4 year old new bikes that they still want full MSRP plus freight & setup... I just chuckle and go find a dealer who actually wants to sell a bike before it becomes a collector's item.

One thing I noticed when shopping around for 250s last year is that dealerships (at least the Suzuki dealers down here) would rather hold onto an old bike for months than sell it. All the sales guys I talked to said the same thing, "MSRP is $6099, we might be able to get you a little lower than that.." An hour before I showed up I talked to them on the phone and of course they said OTD would be low 5s. It was late February the first time I walked into the dealer trying to get their 07 RM250 for a price that wasnt a ripoff, they didnt want to deal so I chuckled and left.

I went back in mid May and they had the exact same bike there. They would sit me at their little cubicle thing and spend 15 minutes adding up all their crap and be excited to tell me they could get me a nearly 2 year old bike for $5900 otd, and that was the best they or anyone else could do.. I just said, "I've got cash in my pocket, will you take $5200?" They flat out said "no" so I just walked. Repeat story for dealer # 2. A week later I bought the same exact bike brand new on ebay and had it shipped here for $900 less than all the dealers here wanted... The funny thing was when I told these sales guys I was looking at the same bike at another dealer and they both had the same price but I would prefer to buy it from them because their shop is closer to home, they all told me to call them back if I bought the bike elsewhere? So I did and rubbed it in their faces. :p:moon:

Would have been nice to support the local dealers, but I cant afford it :ride:

If anyone finds a bike on ebay being sold by 'uniquepowersports1' and is considering buying it, that's who sold me my bike and they were a top notch company to deal with.

Would have been nice to support the local dealers, but I cant afford it :p

Amen. I drove an hour and a half each way, spent $50 bucks on gas for my truck and saved $800 over the best OTD price I could get from a local dealer. Schmucks.

With the economy tanking one would think most dealers would be willing to haggle a bit. Walk in there with enough cash for what you think the bike is worth OTD and see what they say.

It amazes me that a dealer would rather make NO profit then alittle profit. I've been searching for a bike for a few months and local dealers aren't budging. It's not like I'm looking to steal a bike or for them to lose money but if one dealer could sell a bike for a good price then I would expect another to do so. Hopefully tuesday or wednesday I'm gonna drive 60 miles for an 09 priced at 08 prices at my local dealers. Even dealers on ebay had some good prices on 09 and 08 yzf that were priced better than my local dealer and that was with shipping.

I've seen some good deals advertised on last year's bikes lately. It seems to help if they changed the model for 2009 because then less people want the 2008 version. But, mostly I've had the same experience; dealers wanting full MSRP or they are only willing to drop the price $100 for the older model.

Im watching a 08 CRF 250X at a dealership. Its at $5599 right now. Any idea when they really start dropping the prices to move last year models out. Need some tactics to get them down in price.

Where at in Washington are you? I just bought a brand new 08 YZ250F in Oregon for $3700.00 out the door. I am willing to bet you can find one down there for around or under $5,000.00

I picked up an 08 YZ450F for 5415 OTD a couple of weeks ago and that price included a GYTR offroad flywheel w/install, installing FMF pipe and muffler i supplied w/ jetting, a set of Acerbis hand guards, and Lite Speed CF rear brake guards.

whats with this new trend of dealers trying to charge 450 frieght and setup on top of list price:foul: i worked at a dealer for sometime and know what prices are included in the list price. i really dont feel bad for the dealers who do this and cant sell a bike:thumbsdn:

Here in Canada, if I were to buy last years 250 SXF at my local dealers it would still be about 8500-9000$ OTD.

If I drive to Calgary (5 hours away) spend maybe 100$ on gas total I can get a 250SXF for about 6400$ OTD.

Some dealers need to pull their heads out of their ass.

money talks if you have the cash in hand and honestly plan on buying a bike at that moment then most dealers would consider droping the freight fee and would rather move an older model then to not make a sale at all I found places that dont even charge setup I was looking at the 08 crf150 for my son and got it for $2800 OTD