Sign in to follow this  

Whats it worth

I'm looking at a 2008 crf250. Its got je high compression piston, carb mod by Feine Tune (someone fill me in on what this is), and pro action suspension. I got him at $3900. Is it worth it. Also what fuel can you run with the high compression piston. Will it still work with 91 alright.

91 should still be ok. only time on engine is the nemesis. good price

I wanna say it had 25 hours with the JE piston. I e-mailed him back though and asked again just to be sure.

Also looking at another 08 that has heavy duty valves, extra plastics, new chain and sprockets, and black pro wheel rims and hubs for the same price. The motor is all stock though with 15 races on it. Which one do you think is a better deal here. Does that high comp piston make a noticeable difference? Someone help here. I'm heading to sandbox next weekend and would like to get one of these by then.

15 races on the stock motor? thats kinda getting up there depending how he rode it.. to me the first bike is better deal..

Looked at the one with 15 races a bit ago. Turns out that he is a B rider that ran 15 races and actually bought it from MDK motorsports team that had 3 races on it plus however much practice time. He didn't know the name of the valves in it even. He just knew they were "heavy duty." It had black pro wheel rims that looked like they had gone through a rock tumbler and both engine cases were pretty tough looking. So I'm going to go look at the other on with the JE piston in it. This one also has carb work to get rid of the bog.