Sign in to follow this  

first ride on the gg ec250

Hey guys, just recently picked up my second gg. I have been on an 01 xc300 for about a year and the bike is as close to a perfect ride for me as anything I have ever been on. I found a 2000 ec250 for my 19 yr old to ride. Saturday we went riding and he could not go, so being the good dad, I rode the 250 to get a feel for it before I turned him loose on it. OH MY.....

The 250 is very impessive and feels way faster than the 300. It does not have the bottom end of the 300, but other than that, I think the 250 is faster in every other aspect. I told him if i were 30.instead of 46..... he would still be looking for a ride. And he better have a healthy respect for the red bike...

it is probably the fastest feeling dirt bike I have ever owned...

we will drag race them and I will get results. I outweigh him by 30 ish. I plan on using that as an excuse.

great bikes !!!!

jay

Yeah the 250 is a blast to ride compared to the 300 I find. The 300 is fast but desptivly so, not like the 250. Glad to hear you like your new bike.

I have an 03 EC250 and it's my first GG and omg mine is fast. I friend of mine rode it and he rides a CRF450 and said mine beats his easily.

Like I will ever use 6th gear:p

I have an 03 EC250 and it's my first GG and omg mine is fast. I friend of mine rode it and he rides a CRF450 and said mine beats his easily.

Like I will ever use 6th gear:p

Glad to hear you found another GG. I know you were looking a few months ago. I finally got to ride my EC250 on some ground that was not frozen and your right, it does fly. I am running my first enduro on April 5th and am very excited about this bike and the trails. Enjoy:ride:

Glad to hear you found another GG. I know you were looking a few months ago. I finally got to ride my EC250 on some ground that was not frozen and your right, it does fly. I am running my first enduro on April 5th and am very excited about this bike and the trails. Enjoy:ride:

I wish I would have found this bike when we were still in Ohio last yr, could have had some fun out there.

Hope you have fun in April and good luck:thumbsup:

I live IN CA,

I need to buy a gasgas 300ec for a friend, and ship it graneda.

were is the best place for me to order one of these bikes,

i cant seem to find a shop anywere,,let me know if you know of any online stores with best prices,

thanks

i think the 250 will be quicker up to about 4th gear then the 3 hunge will pass it

rode them back to back yesterday, this is pretty much how it was.

the 300 is just way smoother and at my age, smooth is good....

rode them back to back yesterday, this is pretty much how it was.

the 300 is just way smoother and at my age, smooth is good....

Thats good to hear about the 300. I just got a 250 and as Debi said it. it is fast. Coming off a 4st it is taking some getting use to but when the time comes I may turn it into a 300 so it wont hit as hard. For now, and as long as I can I'll keep the 250:ride:

GG 300 vs a YZ 250, the gasser felt and is totally slower compared to the YZ. Never rode a GG 250. I find the gasser engines to not be engineered well or put together well, with too much looseness on the tolerances which in some cases to achieve more durability. Where some of the other manufacturers strive to be efficient in these areas instead.

I'm actually quite skeptical of the power numbers as well.

I agree with your first point only. You have to take into account that the gasgas engine is not one dimensional beast like a purpose built yz 250 mx motor which has to be competive race bike right out of the box in order to compete with the other now extinct jap two strokes mx bikes,Of course you could build a gasgas to be as fast on a moto track but what would be the point its a enduro bike and as such is actually faster than the yz in most real world, nasty'r the better enduro conditions, unless of course you a super hero rider.

I agree with your first point only. You have to take into account that the gasgas engine is not one dimensional beast like a purpose built yz 250 mx motor which has to be competive race bike right out of the box in order to compete with the other now extinct jap two strokes mx bikes,Of course you could build a gasgas to be as fast on a moto track but what would be the point its a enduro bike and as such is actually faster than the yz in most real world, nasty'r the better enduro conditions, unless of course you a super hero rider.

I would bet if a magazine performed a shoot out, with scores based on 50% MX riding and 50% woods riding that the YZ would come out on top vs the GG 250. The YZ is a formitable woods bike.

I would bet if a magazine performed a shoot out, with scores based on 50% MX riding and 50% woods riding that the YZ would come out on top vs the GG 250. The YZ is a formitable woods bike.

I'm sure it would as well cause its a awesome bike but then its the same old story of adding a flywheel weight, oring chain, larger tank, 18 inch rear hoop. Been there done that with years of kx 250's . What really hit home was when I started jumping back and forth between my gasser and my kx, Its like man is this thing violent. Are you going to get rid of your gasser or trick it up?

I'm sure it would as well cause its a awesome bike but then its the same old story of adding a flywheel weight, oring chain, larger tank, 18 inch rear hoop. Been there done that with years of kx 250's . What really hit home was when I started jumping back and forth between my gasser and my kx, Its like man is this thing violent. Are you going to get rid of your gasser or trick it up?

I recently sold it. I would have spent the effort in tricking it up if I did not buy it new in 08. I figured with what I wanted it to be I would probly be in the 9500.00 CAD mark for the bike and if I was to sell it I would probly get half that, where I could take a 3 year old yz and be as good for 6000 CAD.

The gasser was a good bike overall but it fell short to me on the engine side, the flakey carb at high alt, the over all lack of trueness in engine assembly and felt I should'nt have to spend money to correct the bike from what it should have been the factory. If gas gas would have taken a little more pride and perhaps learned a little from the folks at TM on the engine side, I would have been happy with the bike.