Sign in to follow this  

Problem with 09 crf450 any ideas??

I have an 09 CRF450R that has around 25 hours on it. I was riding today and it started acting like it was running out of gas. Temp was in the 70's, I have the stock gas cap and breather tube so that 's not the problem. It just started acting up. I can start it and it will run for just alittle and then die. I can kick it over 2 or 3 times and it will sart up again, but die as if the fuel pump is not working. I work at a dealership so on Tues I will take it in and try and figure what the heck.:p

If anybody has a good starting point fire away. I will check the fuel pump pressure 1st thing when I get to the shop

J

I have 88hrs on mine and in my last race it started doing the same thing. I thought I was out of gas. It had hard hours on it so I put a new top end in it and everything looked mint valves hadn't moved or anything. after rebuild it wouldn't start. Had spark but no gas. I double and triple checked everything and all is good. cleaned fuel pump filter and all electrical conections and it would start but still ran like it was out of gas and eventually wouldn't even start. I am thinking it has to be my fuel pump after reading about it here.

Sorry for wakening an old post!

There is a new fuelfilter kit for that bike partno: 06160-MEN-A30, mounted on the fuelpum inside the tank. It´s a bit tricky to change, so i sugest turning to a honda dealer for help and advise. (Doing this wrong might cause damage to the fuelpump) There has been some issues with filters that has been stuffed, probbably do to contaminated gas, or if you not clean around the fuelcap propperly when ading gas for example?

Hope this helps!

Best of luck.

Kalle

(Excuse the bad english)

Edited by SweKalle
I detected the post was a bit old... ;-)

i had similar problem,,my honda feel likes had no full power and make alot of explosions,,when the engine is cool had problems too star the engine,,