Sign in to follow this  

quick help for 05 YZ250...

ok guys i need your help here. i changed out the needle in the carb today. i got everything back together and i notice that when i rotate the throttle i get a faint clicking sounds about half way to WOT. keep in mind this is while the bike is on the stand, not running. i cannot remember if it made this sound before a fiddled with the carb. my fear is that i pinched the spring or something putting it back together. so can you guys run out to the gargae and give your throttle a twist and let me know if screwed up...

thanks a million-shrub

Mine does not make any noise at all. I have noticed the click when the throttle tube was slid on just a tiny bit too far.

• Like 1

thank you rolliew and rc,

well, i took it apart again and found that i did not have the white plastic spring collar lined up properly with the notch in the needle holder, thus causing the clicking sound. it is all back together now and working just fine.

thank you both for responding to my cry for help so quickly--good gas for both of you gents.

thank you rolliew and rc,

well, i took it apart again and found that i did not have the white plastic spring collar lined up properly with the notch in the needle holder, thus causing the clicking sound. it is all back together now and working just fine.

thank you both for responding to my cry for help so quickly--good gas for both of you gents.

Mine makes the same noise for that same reason. I often intentionally do not line up that collar with the notch in the needle holder as it likes to get jammed in there and makes for difficult needle changes in the field.

Do you think there would be any possible way to make the needle area more of a pain in the ass? Lets make small, soft aluminum pieces that need to be kept spotless. Then lets limit the workspace around them. Then lets make sure dealers stock nothing in the way of replacement parts.

very true rc, but i suggest that we could rejet our entire carb in the time it takes just to remove enough parts to access that of a 4 stroke. ha ha ..

thanks a million-shrub

Glad you got it figured out!

However, I am the original shrub-meister.:ride:

I joined before you did so don't go confusing people with my hard earned name.:moon:

You can be 73 then.:p

shrubitup-

you are correct- you were the original shrub, by 3 months.

Also, you rep and know-how way surpasses mine so i wouldnt worry much about folks getting us confused.- shrub73