Sign in to follow this  

Bike won't start.

My boyfriend just bought a 125 cc roketa. It started great, he rode it for less than a day, and it stopped running. He took it into a shop and the shop owner is telling him he's missing a rectifier or voltage regulator. There's no spark when he tries to start it. Is it possible that the part fell off while he was riding? Nothing was taken off of the bike after it stopped running.

I haven't heard of a roketa is that the brand? around here you cant find parts for off brand bikes good luck if any bike stopped runing the day I bought it i would be :) and make them fix it for free

Start with the easy stuff first. Disconnect the kill switch, they have been know to go bad. It could also be the coil, the CDI or the stator.

did he wash it after?? or run it thru water?? unplug the cdi box (black box) and put it some where it can dry... i put mine on the dash of my truck for 2 days in the middle of the summer where the sun beats on it ... sounds ghetto but it worked ... plugged it back in and started right up

we found places to get the parts just not sure where to start. checked the coil, spark plug, and cdi box on his sisters bike which runs and still did so with no problems. were thinking about changin the magneto and seeing if that makes a difference but dont wanna waste the time if thats now what it is. checked the kill switch with a volt meter and it clearly shows the circuit opening and closing properly... any other ideas?

Start with the easy stuff first. Disconnect the kill switch, they have been know to go bad. It could also be the coil, the CDI or the stator.

I agree, disconect the kill switch

Hey check craigslist, i had a coolster a while back, and it was boggin near full rpm, and he said he would make it run perfect for 50 bucks. I ended up sellin so i never did it, but he sounded pretty legit. Just type in pit bike and go back a ways, and look for someone sayin they can fix em, give em a call and see what they can do.

well im gonna try changin out the magneto but i got my hands on an inner rotor coil so well see if it works.

Sorry, I'm his girlfriend, and I can't remember exactly what he replaced. It was either the magneto or an inner rotor coil. As soon as he replaced that it was good to go.