Sign in to follow this  

CF Tape?????????

Does anyone know where i can get the carbonfiber tape for my airbox and forks and stuff and how much it is? and pics would be cool i'd like to see how it looks and does it last? I've heard it was reletivly cheap.

Check out Rockymountainmc.com, I got my carbon fiber fork wraps from there and I think they sell universal sheets that you can cut to what you want. I paid like $15 for my fork wraps. They are pretty thick and durable.

I work at an Autozone and we sell it . It's in a roll with all the LED lights and dress up stuff. Looks great for what it is and pretty cheap too.

I use it on my frame.

FALL2007025.jpg

FALL2007026.jpg

does it show scratches on the airbox?

Not at all!

Thats what I love about it. Its pretty old, and it looks new!

Its not CR Tape though, its the stuff from Motosport

N-Style Carbon Fiber Airbox Decals

Doesnt have a very good Rating because sometimes there are problems with sticking and fitting, but they work awesome for me :p

That looks good on a bike I plan on throwin some on mine what do the fork wraps look like tnash any pics?

I actually don't have any pics of mine with them on there sorry, i have seen them in the yz/wr picture thread but there is like 180 pages haha.

All kinds of places sell "carbon fiber look" tape, backgrounds, etc., but finding "actual" carbon fiber with an adhesive backing will be a little more difficult. Are you looking for the real stuff or something that looks like it?

The stuff at autozone, Kragen, etc looks VERY close to the real stuff but unfortunately it's not. It looks very trick but starts to look bad after awhile, especially if it's in the sun a lot. I'd only use this to dress something up a little bit. It's not durable enough to protect anything on a moto-x bike, IMO.

For what you're describing, I think the best bet is some carbon fiber fork wraps (the real stuff) and for your frame and airbox I'd go with the thick backgrounds offered by Factory Effex and other companies. The TT store may carry all of that- I'd check there first.