Sign in to follow this  

denali and silverado wheels

does anyone know if the 04 denali rims will fit a 99-04 silverado? because i have a friend of my mom that will give them to me for free!!! and i love the look of em

as long as you have a 1/2 ton truck. Yours has 6 lug wheels right?

i dont have one yet.

im 15 and im lookin at crashed trucks and i like the silverados.

and my moms friend has a set and he said i could have em.

and i think they look trick.

as long as were on silverados. how are the 5.3 and 4.8 power and reliability wise?

i dont have one yet.

im 15 and im lookin at crashed trucks and i like the silverados.

and my moms friend has a set and he said i could have em.

and i think they look trick.

as long as were on silverados. how are the 5.3 and 4.8 power and reliability wise?

Why are you looking at crashed trucks? Are you taking bodyshop classes at vo-tech or something? Prices are low now, unless you are on a seriously squeezed budget, you shouldn't have to get a re-builder (of course at 15, the budget probably is squeezed understandably)

Any of the trucks from that era (except 3/4 tons and up of course) are based on the same platform and the wheels should be interchangeable. This should apply to all GMC/Chevy 1/2 tons as well as Tahoes, Suburbans, Yukons, Denalis and Escalades

5.3 and 4.8 are respectable little engines -- they are what is referred to as LS series engines. As with almost anything except waist size, bigger is always better, but if you find a heck of a deal on a 4.8, its nothing to sneeze at. One of my other hobbies is restoring classic trucks and either engine is a very popular swap for an old school small block for reliability and driveability.

I dont have any personal experience with either of these engine sizes, but the 6.0 in my '07 HD is based on the same engine platform and it rips