Sign in to follow this  

supermoto tires for klx

anyone have any suggestions, i have an 06 klx and ride a lot of street lately and my dirt tires are gettin eaten up. Any help would be great

anyone have any suggestions, i have an 06 klx and ride a lot of street lately and my dirt tires are gettin eaten up. Any help would be great

Hi I would suggest D Tracker wheels. if you go to Kawasaki Forum.com and look up ddt1972. He buys used D Tracker wheels on auctions in Japan and sell them.

000_0277.jpg

000_0278-1.jpg

These I got from him.

Have a good one,

Dan

Looks nice.....kind of expensive when he was just asking for tires though.

These are Perrelli Scorpion A/T tires. They are DS tires, and will do off road when needed. I've got almost 6000 street miles on them and they have barely started to wear.

My stock 06 KLX tires were almost shot after only 1500 miles.

Great tire with long wear.

tarded.JPG

Pirelli Route MT-66 tires are on my KLX250S. 80/90-21 & 120/90-18. I went a tooth taller on the countersprocket as well. It hums along at 65-70 mph.

THIS IS GREAT!! I have been looking between the avon distanzia and scopion a/t for so long! is there anyway you guys could tell me which one performs better on the street? I don't care about offroad capability because when i ride offroad i like to slide anyway but i heard mized things about the avons. hey pullin-gs how are those scorpions on road?

They are fine.....I'd classify them as 80/20 street/dirt.

I expect if you went with a 100% street tread you will get better performance though.

Oh, and if you go get a new tire, make sure you get the tread roughened before you ride. New tires can get you killed if your not careful.

I had had my new tires for a few months and decided to see what they could do in the fast curves. I got scared out of my wits when both wheels lost traction at the same time. I stayed in a semi-sideways skid at about 50mph for between 1 and two seconds....when the tires grabbed, I got a high-side snap back I will never forget. I didn't go down though!

I leaned the bike over below my wear-line and hit "new slick rubber". I will never run a new tire again until they are properly prepped.