Sign in to follow this  

What's it worth? xr75 and mx100

I have a 81 mx100 that is in good shape. At the moment it doesn't run because of a worn topend and a few missing carb parts. My question is would it be worth it to spend the $50-100 to get it running before I sell it? I am also wondering what a 77 xr75 frame with nice tank, wheels and tires, forks, front fender, and shocks would be worth?

Here are some pics

FORSALEXRs027.jpg

FORSALEXRs028.jpg

FORSALEXRs029.jpg

FORSALEXRs030.jpg

FORSALEXRs035.jpg

FORSALEXRs031.jpg

FORSALEXRs033.jpg

the 75 parts.

FORSALEXRs010.jpg

FORSALEXRs015.jpg

FORSALEXRs013.jpg

FORSALEXRs012.jpg

FORSALEXRs009.jpg

FORSALEXRs014.jpg

77 xl75

FORSALEXRs024.jpg

The XR stuff I'd say you have a couple hundred $ tops in parts there if you find someone that wants them.

The MX100 is definately worth fixing for $100.0 or so . I had one identical to that a few years back. I bought it for a $100 with a bad crank . I spent the winter repairing it and gave it to my wife on valentines day :p She rode it around the yard for half an hour then crashed it into my trailer :moon:

That was the end of her riding lessons she never rode it or any other again .

How ever I did quite enjoy riding her valentines day present a number of times after :ride: . They are semi scarce for the fact that many of them were parted out for the engines by guys building hot rodded YSR50's and 80's.

thanks, it really is a cool old bike but at the moment these are my only bikes and there not exactly race worthy haha. I just want a ballpark figure to ask before I list it.

Please know this is just a ballpark figure as finding a worth of a bike is tricky, it's all about finding someone that wants it. The yamaha I would think $200.00 to $500.00 maybe more if you got it complete and in running condition. Good luck! Oh ya no idea on the honda.

thanks, it really is a cool old bike but at the moment these are my only bikes and there not exactly race worthy haha. I just want a ballpark figure to ask before I list it.

Hmmm in this economy ....? Here is a similar one in Michigan and it's been up for sale for a while so the price may be too high.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcy/1060383093.html

As MEANDMYDRZ said finding the right person is the trick..

For the Honda piece by piece on e-bay might be the way to go or on here in the classifieds. I've had good luck selling stuff here on TT

A running bike is easily worth 20 - 50% more than the same bike not running. The buyer is taking all the risk to get it to run. ( Might be a spark plug or a complete overhaul )

yeah I understand what you are saying. Im just really broke and dont want to invest a big chunk of my money in something that still won't sell.

Cr Racer, your xl75 looks like a later xr. If the handlebars and front fender are not bent or cracked I will buy them. I will start the bidding at $75. Holler back soon cause I'm looking at stuff everyday. P.S What are the red shocks on the table?

Anything running is worth more than the same thing not running.

Anything ridable is worth more than the same thing running but not ridable.

That's why I tend to buy things that run crappy and aren't exactly ridable so I can fix them for less than it would cost to buy the same thing running and ridable. I'm fairly cautious about what I think I can fix and so far have only been wrong once.

OTOH, you could sell it in parts and make more than the sum of the whole, but I really hate to do that for something that can be fixed and ridden.