ceramic spray paint for pipe?

The Duplicolor High Heat works much better than VHT or BBQ grill paint. Don't get the paint too thick or it will crack and peel.

The header pipe on my 4 stroke can get almost red hot, so I don't see how any paint would hold up to that. Baked on ceramic or nickel/chrome plating are the only things that could handle that kind of heat.

The duplicolor ceramic holds up fine. I did the headers on my last WR400, took them off, sanded them down, painted and then baked in the oven. Held up great even when glowing red hot. Just had to touch it up once in awhile after rides and the aluminum looks really nice, matches FMF perfectly.

I did my pipe and silencer with the engine enamal with ceramic... it looks great but we'll see how long it will hold up... I sand blasted everything, then wiped them down with brake cleaner and stuck the parts next to the heater and got them hot before i painted them

I painted my brothers pro circuit pipe and silencer yesterday with the duplicolor ceramic engine paint and primer. first primed it, then painted it blue. It looks trick! I'll know in a few rides how well it lasts. It did smell when I started it today, but after about 20 minutes it cleared.

100_1231.jpg