Sign in to follow this  

Husky Takes 3 spots of Top 5 in BITD

While it seems Kearney is off to rough start in the GNCC out West Ty Davis and his Husky's are moving up the ranks! Yesterday at the Laughlin Hare Scrambles in the Best in the Desert series Ty Davis's team took 3 spots in the Top 5. Spots 2, 4, and 5 I believe. Ty Davis and Gary Sutherlin took 2nd, 1 minute behind KTM's David Pearson and David Kamo (Reports are that Ty's and Gary's Husky led for around 3 of the 6 laps), while Husky's two other teams weren't far behind (Scot Harden's son teamed with Nick Burson for 5th, Kevin Rookstool and I can't remember who he teamed with took 4th) to round out the Top 5. BITD is a pretty big and heavily attended event, so that will be some great exposure for Husky!

Ty and his team take on Round 3 of the National Hare and Hound this Sunday, let's hope they can repeat a podium appearance!

That is great news! Thanks for the report. Were you there to take any pictures?

That is great news! Thanks for the report. Were you there to take any pictures?

Unfortunately no. A couple friends went down, but they were racing so I don't think they got any pics. Cycle News usually has a blurb or two about BITD so something might show up there soon.

I was going to go to the 3rd round H&H, but I had to back out - just too close to my move up to the PNW. However Promoto.tv will be there so there should be an awesome video about this time next week. I think the promoto guys are a little biased Kawasaki fans, but they also seem to be pretty stoked about Ty Davis and usually try and get some good footage of him each time.

Check out www.promoto.tv this time next week and they should have something up! You can see the first two rounds now on their site. Some good Husky footage in each of them.

I know and sometimes ride with Beau, he is a KTM rider and he actually has no bike bias at all,, he just has some ins with the green WORCS riders and H&H riders so you see some great ricky d vids, but if you watch his vids he is covering all the front runners no matter what brand they ride.

Asked him to shoot some slower guy vids too (us riders). I managed by luck to make it into the wickenburg nat enduro vid at the very start,,,,the lone husky. His vid productions are great, and he is a really nice easy going guy.

www.promoto.tv !!!!!

Ah that makes sense then. Beau is a really cool guy - after I discovered promoto last year I sent him an email suggesting a song to use in his next video and he used it. Was pretty impressed by that.

Is Kevin Urqhart on Ty's team? I think he is (I'm thinking he was Kevin Rookstool's teammate in the BITD race) - but anyways if he is he got 5th at the 1st round of the Hare Scrambles the day after the BITD race! Nice! www.promoto.tv for the video.

IMHO Kevin Uquhart had the best ride in the pro class (and of the entire day, besides me in the 40Bs, of course), he got off to a last place start,,,,I estimate about @ 15-30 secs after the last pro guy went by,

and then proceded to work his way up to 5th and pass some serious offroad/moto talent along the way, he even passed Soule' very near the end of the race. A very impressive ride from KU.