Sign in to follow this  

Trading in my mx for offroad bike

Alright, first things first...I love pretty much everything about my 07 KXF250 and hate to see it go. But here in cali we hve this red/green sticker law. Green sticker bikes can ride year round (wr's crfx's Klx's and any plated bike). Red sticker bikes cannot. I Have narrowed it down to the CRF450x and the Husky TE310 and TE450. (Is the TXC line is green sticker? if so add the TXC in the mix)

I used to have miles of riding right out my back door but the owner of the land found out and wasn't too happy :p I used to be able to ride my kxf anytime i wanted year round. I do every type of woods riding but also get my thrills regularly on the mx tracks. I need a bike that can do both and isnt afraid to hit some hairscrambles or a full day at the track. No matter whick bike i choose it wil be fully "un-pluged" oh and im 5 foot 9 155 lbs (yes im small and a 450 is big, but I have ridden a few 450mx bikes and handled them just fine and loved the power!)

Is it worth getting a crf450r and put a baja kit to make it street legal?

Ya the 450x is a great bike but I am pretty much set on the 09 Husky TXC 450, its much more mx oriented then the others, great power too, went to a dealer and checked one out...just a matter of time and I will post a review later :)