Sign in to follow this  

stainless steel oilfilters

just browsing through ebay to see what i could find and i found these and i was just wondering if i could get some input on wether or not these are worth the greenbacks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Reusable-Oil-Filters-KTM-EXC-SXS-SXC-XCW-Pair_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3a4Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a3Q7c294Q3a200QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem260372415727QQitemZ260372415727QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

it says reusable but how long will they last and how good are they at filtering

i run the ready filter in my bike 525 mxc have had no problems work great and save money i would be careful buying something that important to your bike off of ebay you never no what you might get

Those scare me. Not worth risking your motor. Who knows who makes them and their quality control procedures. Not worth the couple bucks savings.

As a mater of fact even the name brand ones scare me. I was told to stray away from those from a "well respected" former employee of one of those "known" companies. They flow a higher rate for a reason.

That being said I have no hard evidence..

Know nothing about the brand, I have run Scotts in many bikes street & dirt, one in my car and worked on a drag car that had a similar deal. In many applications those paper filters do not filter all of the oil as most have a by-pass valve that allows oil to go around the filter when it will not handle the volume. This is whats happening in your car at all times, only a small fraction of your oil goes thru the paper. The RFS not having any plain bearings as well as a roller cam does not need much oil so its tiny pumps can pass thru the paper filter

If I was to run any screen type filter it would be a Scotts, not some brand I never heard of.

But, I don't need one more thing to do when I change my oil. I like to just pop the filter out and drop a new paper filter in.

most SS filters are 35 micons

that is good!!! more then enough. you clean your oil by replacing it not by filtering it!!! all the filters do is grab the big stuff.

i used a SS filter in my wr450 for 4 years. racing bush/SM and dualsport.

45 000km and no problems