Sign in to follow this  

thinking about doing some sort of harescramble

or offroad event, but i dont know how to find them or whatever. i dont know the series' and stuff so i have no clue how i could start getting into that stuff. that would be awsome if there was stuff just in south carolina, it would be easier on my dad if he was interested in letting me do this. i saw the mideastern series stuff, there is only like 2 races in south carolina and i dont want to jump into the season not all that experienced. any help with this will be appreciated:worthy:

Post up in your Regional Forum and ask how and where the local off road races are held.

In our area, some of the races are considered a little easier, more beginner friendly...

find out which those might be and go do them.

Local clubs or race organizations should have websites and the information that you're looking for.

Contact one of them and get onto a mailing/e-mail list with upcoming race info.

if you know what district your in go to thier page and see what series they have. If not do what Orooster said and check in the regional forum and they will direct you where to go

www.setra.org

www.sorcs.net

Those two series have races in GA,SC, Tenn, AL, and NC I believe. I'm from GA.

and there is a GNCC in a few months in Union, SC. http://www.gnccracing.com/pages/gncc-event-information/pirelli-big-buck

I recommend just goin to watch the GNCC if you've never raced. I went to the General on Sunday and I had a blast just watching considering I couldn't race.

Jump into the season not experienced. Most series are broken up into classes. My local hare scrablmes have an AA, A, B, and C class. From there, it's broken up by age group and bike. There is something for everybody. The C class is tailored specifically for inexperienced riders. You will have some very fast riders in the group trying to work towards their B license. The C riders usually have a shorter, easier course. Show up at the event, they will generally have everything you need to start riding from memberships in your various clubs to a transponder (for a fee).

Just remember to ride defensively and the fast riders will find their way around if necessary.

drzdasher is 100% right, u will be hooked, itll be like that feeling u when u just started to ride all over again

lol i havent been riding that long anyways, im still in that craze with dumping all my money into my bike. i actually just ordered a trail tech vecter for my bike like 2 minutes ago. i know they arent "the best" but i am just using it for every day old woods riding.

Don't go into your first year racing thinking about points and winning. Just go to a race and ride it to finish. My first race was the 07 Unadilla GNCC and although it was tough it was a blast. Once you get used to the racing environment at a couple races then, if you want, start thinking about winning and making every race. No matter what just have fun (trust me you will have A LOT).

yea i really dont care about winning because i know i wont win and i know i wont come close so i dont care.