Sign in to follow this  

who does the best big bore for cr125

hello i wanted to get peoples advice about who is the best to send out cr125 cyl. to be have the big bore kit done. I am looking to have a 144 kit put into a 94 cyl. and also have it ported. my plan is to put this into a 02 or newer chassis and be able to compete at the local level against the fourstrokes.

There are a lot of good two stroke tuners still out there.

I'm sure a lot of people here wil say eric gorr...and I am sure he can do an awesome package for you.

But really a heck of a lot of people can make that motor sing.

Some side notes, having recently spent quite a bit of time improving a cr125 recently, the newer chassis and motor have other problems for power than the motor design.

In fact, the newer motor has a lot of improvements from the older ones...

But the intake tract (air box and boot....reed area, and all that) are limiting on that bike. it's why the alumiunum chassis really killed that bike, it's not the port timing, or cylinder design etc...

So while you can definately get major improvement going bigger bore, remember that the motor will probably run much worse in the newer chassis than the older one because of reasons listed.

The 05 and up honda motor is really impressive IMHO, and is a better starting point because it fits already! But 144 on that motor is not so easy (and often not done) due to cylinder limitations, so maybe that's why your going with that motor.

a 94 is a great year motor, 6 speed gear box, better powervalve design , the only thing you need to do is drill the 94 motor to fit the 02 frame, once the drill starts spinning it self centers and your done( use a new drill and some lube), the pipe needs to be bent a little using a hamer handle in the header, and holding the stinger to adjust, the o2 ignition will really liven up that 94 you should keep the kehein carb and throw the mikuni at someone you don't like. there's a picture of my 96/02 mod in the garage section. good luck to you, it took me about 2-3 hrs for the swap and 1 sec. to toss the stupid Mikuni in the trash.

I head about about something like that on the 05 and newer but I don't see why you couldn't do a 134-139 ? I have rode an 05-07 and it is nice but it wasn't mine and stock, but fast.

I'm sure a lot of people here wil say eric gorr...and I am sure he can do an awesome package for you.

Some side notes, having recently spent quite a bit of time improving a cr125 recently, the newer chassis and motor have other problems for power than the motor design.

But the intake tract (air box and boot....reed area, and all that) are limiting on that bike. it's why the alumiunum chassis really killed that bike, it's not the port timing, or cylinder design etc...

So while you can definately get major improvement going bigger bore, remember that the motor will probably run much worse in the newer chassis than the older one because of reasons listed.

The 05 and up honda motor is really impressive IMHO, and is a better starting point because it fits already! But 144 on that motor is not so easy (and often not done) due to cylinder limitations, so maybe that's why your going with that motor.

Do tell what you found effective on hopping up the CR125.

:p

Do tell what you found effective on hopping up the CR125.

:ride:

YES do telll!!!! i just got an 07 thats practically brand new and would like to know if you can do these on the 05-07 motors. thanks :p