ROD BEARING--- Where to find???

have been searching for a replacement rod bearing and noone seems to have one. checked with xr's only, carrillo, duncan and no such luck. anyone know of a spot that would carry such an ellusive item? need the bearing and thrust washers.?:ride:

..i'm looking at replacing my rod as well.. i've opted for a falicon knife rod with all new bearings, thrust washers, etc.. with the rod 'n bearings, balancing and truing of the crank.. i'm probably going to be into this about twice what a replacement OEM crank would cost me.. some parts cross over from some yammies.. crank pin, lower bearings, and thrust washers, i have been told.. i don't know about the small end bearing, or even if it's sold.. but you could check that out..

maybe call crankworks....

we broke the stock rod and the crank is still good, ( thanks to the rekluse clutch), we were thinking of the cheapest way, which is to buy the whole assy. from Honda, but then you end up with the same stock rod that broke before. So, we opted to put a Carrillo rod, but they don't offer new bearings or washers, or pin. so the hunt continues for all 3 items.

As for the total so far, 325 for Carrillo rod (they are VERY proud of those), 60 to have it pressed apart and together, bearings ??, 135 for balancing

and thats just the bottom end:banghead:

falicon knife rod... from xrsonly...

PART PRICE: $284.95

PART NUMBER: XRPR-241-110

FITS: Honda CRF450X TRX450R

KIT INCLUDES: Falicon Knife One-Piece Connecting Rod, XR's Only Pin & Bearing Kit (Connecting Rod Pin, Rod Bearing, Two Thrust Washers)

XRPR.jpg

http://www.xrsonly.com/content/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=4308&category_id=50&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=89

Don't be fooled by just any Falicon Connecting Rod on the market, since it just doesn't have XRs Only stamp of approval and the essential parts to make it work. You see, we make use of exclusive components, particularly the high-performance bearing, which we developed through our legendary race team. And no one else can get their hands on it. It's all ours. Sure, you can easily purchase the legendary Falicon Connecting Rod from Falicon, but you'll be left with just a rod and no means of getting your bike running. In the end, Falicon will simply send you back to us so that you may finally complete the package and get your bike back on the fast track of performance. We've got the complete XR's Only Falicon Knife Connecting Rod Kit right here and right now - something you just won't find anywhere else. The XR's Only Falicon Knife One-Piece Connecting Rod Kit includes the Falicon Knife One-Piece Connecting Rod and the XR's Only Pin & Bearing Kit, which includes the Connecting Rod Pin, Rod Bearing and Two Thrust Washers.

THE FALICON CONNECTING ROD KNIFE

The Knife® - the most streamlined shape design in the industry - is shaped like an airplane wing to resist twisting and reduce the turbulence in the crankcase for horsepower gains and efficient oil flow.

We designed this new generation Knife Rod using Computer Modeling and Finite Element Analysis and tested them on the track. Stronger, lighter and more aerodynamic means more power with better reliability.

Our design uses Quality Certified 100% machined Timken Var300M Steel forging - Developed by Falicon using the same materials as NASCAR® engine builders.

Falicon 1-Piece Knife Oval Beam Connecting Rods are designed for press-together roller-bearing cranks. These rods do not have a pressed-in bearing race that will move under load. They are specially designed to withstand the demands of high-RPM performance-modified cranks.

FALICON 1-PIECE KNIFE RODS FEATURE:

* Integral hardened and ground bearing race

* Specially designed for High RPM, High Horsepower engines

* Forged Alloy Aircraft Steel

* 100% Machined

* Ampco Bronze Bushing in small end

* OEM and Custom Lengths available

not after you add $75 for shipping. I found a hot rods crank on ebay for $220 (hint search for trx 450 crank also) and that was the best deal I could find.

Bryce

Damn when I bought one for my friend it was 192.00 and 50.00 in shipping but I also ordered a cylinder, tranny gears, 1 case half, and numerous other items.

:banghead::foul:??:banghead: You don't really ride that bike that hard do ya JJ??:busted::crazy:

... nope. I'm a p_ssy when it comes to applying throttle. 5th gear is probably still brand new. Maybe when I go to sell it... "Like new, 450X..." as I refer to 5th as "like new", and it never being used. ? Marketing I tell ya, marketing!

I thought it was your SO's ride and you were just tooling around those Baja fire roads on it to keep it running right.....

:banghead: :banghead: shooot... see, even you remember my selling marketing ploy of using the SO. She ride harder then me anyway! :foul: ...and it's to keep the battery charged, fuel from gumming up, and the muffler bearing from sticking shut.?

:crazy:? shooot... see, even you remember my selling marketing ploy of using the SO. She ride harder then me anyway! ? ...and it's to keep the battery charged, fuel from gumming up, and the muffler bearing from sticking shut.:banghead:

I've got a cream puff 2005 450X too! Poser bike totally. It has some "distressed" detailing like scuffs, dents, dings, and bends only to make it look like it's been ridden:busted: :foul: In fact, it's my wife's bike but she makes me tell everyone it's mine to save me from the poser complex whenever I'm around real riders:smirk: ??:banghead::busted:

• 2 weeks later...

crankworks in Az had all I needed. got the new Carillo on, crank balanced and pressed back together w/ new bearing, pin and washers, $525 and have the piece of mind that the rod wont break again, thanks for all the responses.?