Sign in to follow this  

91 RM125 suspension set up

I am in the process of putting together an old 1991 RM125. I am no where near done with the engine at this point but i have putted it around in front of my house and I noticed that the back seems to ride very high. I would like to know what I should do to make this a good pleasure bike to just take out to the hills from time to time. I am 5 10 175 lbs with out gear. Basically my riding level is novice. I dont ride motocross very often. I want the bike to handle decent and not do anything funny when you jump. I also ride a CRF250X which I have set the sag for my weight and stiffened the suspension up with the clickers. I am happy with the way it rides...I know the RM is a much older bike and doesnt have the technology that the CRF has. What is the recomended sag setting. any other secrets. Should I respring it? just what ever input I would love to hear. thanks again.

100mm for the sag, it should not sit high for a 175lb rider on std springs.

cool. thanks for the info. I think it might be sitting high because of the seat shape. I am comparing it to my CRF250 and it is just shaped different. Oh and did some research it is actually a 90 dont think it is much different than a 91 though.

Hey Condor74,

You are right, those bikes did have a seat that sloped a lot from back to front. I had a 91 RM125 and a friend had a 90 RM125. I LOVED those bikes....i thought they were so FUN to ride. Quick turning and quick mid-range motors. Have fun on that thing :)