Sign in to follow this  

Good break pads?

Well its about that time for new break pads... which ones are people liking these days? my stock ones lasted quite a long time and always had good stopping power but im always up for change.

So suggest some good pads, that will last long but not eat my rotor. I ride in all conditions, track to trail, mud to sand.

I replaced my worn out rear brake pads a few weeks ago with EBC FA346R that I got off Ebay, they appear to be about the same as stock and seem to work well even on the old rotor that wasnt real smooth. Dont know how well they will wear or how long they will last.

I replaced my worn out rear brake pads a few weeks ago with EBC FA346R that I got off Ebay, they appear to be about the same as stock and seem to work well even on the old rotor that wasnt real smooth. Dont know how well they will wear or how long they will last.

The EBC FA pads are by far the best pads money can buy. They last the longest and cause minimal wear on your disc.

Well its about that time for new break pads... which ones are people liking these days? my stock ones lasted quite a long time and always had good stopping power but im always up for change.

So suggest some good pads, that will last long but not eat my rotor. I ride in all conditions, track to trail, mud to sand.

I've tried just about everything over the past 10 years and none of the aftermarket pads compare to Honda OEM. I don't know who makes them, but they stop much better and last much longer than any other aftermarket pad I've tried, bar none.

Incidentially, the EBC pads I tried were easily the worst I ever used - I think they were the 'R' sintered pads, which are supposed to be good in the mud and last a long time. In reality, they didn't stop well at all, and wore out extremely fast. I wore through a rear set of EBCs in one muddy ride once - put on a set of OEM Honda's after that, and they lasted a year. Go figure.

JayC

You want the FA185R. The pic is wrong though, they're not carbon graphite.

Not sure why they say they're not good for mud. That's pretty much all I ride in and they last forever.

I tried the red EBC pads and they were horrible. Two rides and they were toast.

Front OEM Honda pads are the best.

ya my stock pads have lasted me 5 years! hmm well ill call up honda and see what the price is on em.

looks like i can get rear oem pads from chaparrale for right round the same price as EBC pads.

ya im thinkin ill go with oem honda front ones with the EBC R for the rear.... seems as how the rear is either an on or off type of break lol.