IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

08 150rb miss firing in mid rpm under load!! Help Please!

First off I Bought this bike used 6 weeks ago for my wife from one of our TT members it is like new maybe 35hrs. we have had the bike out 3 times since I bought it and it ran great. But this past week-end it started miss firing in the mid rpm under load! I figured she fouled a plug. So today I switch the plug with a new one. and same thing cutting out under load. took the carb off cleaned it.still the same thing,I took off the side cover and inspected the stator and all looks normal thier also.:p It does not matter if is hot or cold it acts the same way! I am very frustrated wth this bike. I just spent aot of money on this bike and it runs like sh!t.:ride: I have checked the valve and timing and they are all in spec. Any ideas would be great,or if any one else has had this problem how did you fix it? I can't afford to throw parts at it either! so I f I can't fix It I'm going to get rid of it.

Main 140

pilot 45

leak 68

fs 2 turns out

mrd exhaust with quiet core

uni air filter

By the way Im just took out the oil filter and there are some brass colred flakes it:excuseme: This worries me alot. I took off the the ignition side cover off a couple of weeks ago to see if my puller for the flywheel would work to switch to a heavier flywheel weight.Is it possible thier is a washer or some thing that I missed and could have fallen into the oil? or is my bottem end going? I don't know how the bottem end going could cause a miss though.

if the spark arrestor is installed it could be getting clogged with packing , they need to be cleaned every so often , its worth checking:thumbsup:

o.k. so today I was a little more clearheaded.I check the exhaust for restrictions,cleaned the grounds and connections at cdi box check connectors and cleaned,unplugged the TPS,removed air filter,double checked spark and timing marks again,and still the same thing. I'm going to to take the carb into work and clean it again much more thoroughly. I had time to ride it some more today and narrowed it down to at 3/8 to 5/8 throttle it is cutting out (mis firing) above or below it does not do it. It is hard to tell if it's losing spark or losing fuel :p it's almost like the timing of spark is changing under these conditions. So any ideas would be great! Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Yesterday I put the carb back on and took it for a 10 to 15 min ride and could not get it to do it,I felt a little hic up once or twice but I was really getting on it.So I think I fixedit? I hope.we are going riding:ride: all day saturday and I'll find out for sure if it's fixed then.

this is very similar to my buddies 150R, he had a faulty cdi. under warrenty honda treated him like gold.

he would accelerate hard, bog slow down get back into power, pull the front wheel up bog a little then revs perfect about 5/8's (i rode it down his road)

his also fouled 2 ngk R plugs

How did he get it covered? There is no warrenty on these from the time you walk out the door. Your situation sounds alot like mine.

How did he get it covered? There is no warrenty on these from the time you walk out the door. Your situation sounds alot like mine.

Call the dealership, tell them your having major problems with your bike, be calm and tell them you've searched through the manual and you think its something faulty. take it in they should find the faulty part and replace it under "warranty" usually if they want you to keep coming back they'll treat you like gold so that you tell your buddies how nice they are. witch is basically advertising for them. If they dont want to look at it and fix it then you tell them thats the last time you ever shop at their dealership again, aswell as you'll be telling everyone you know that. Usually scares them to fixing it anyway!:) good luck, and I hope you had as much luck as my friend did!

• Like 1

O.k. so today we took it out all day,and it ran perfect! It must have had some dirt in the carb. Thanks for the advice I will keep that in mind in the future.:)

this is very similar to my buddies 150R, he had a faulty cdi. under warrenty honda treated him like gold.

he would accelerate hard, bog slow down get back into power, pull the front wheel up bog a little then revs perfect about 5/8's (i rode it down his road)

his also fouled 2 ngk R plugs

what pipe was on it when the cdi was bad ? sounds like your buddy has alot of problems with his bike as well as pipes

he now has fmf, he used to have pro circuit, i am %100 sure it ****ed his bike up. He got a Mrd pipe, i believe it was "Procomp"? im not positive, the pro circuit pipe was on it when the cdi went bad, he installed the fmf pipe first ride after the cdi was replaced, bike ran good, i like the look of the Mrd over the pro circuit. alot cleaner, But his header cracked. So im not positive on what is wrong with the crf 150R's may just have been his, but they have a recall for the cam, aswell as the swingarm hes sending his bike in this week to be repaired.

DH367 I believe we have gotten off to a wrong start, If you think i ment to make your exhuast system's sound outdated' bad' or anything on that note, I didnt, honestly when i rode his bike it pulled the hardest with your pipe, problem was the bike overheated 3 times since your "procomp" system was installed, may have been the jetting im not sure.

on that note, im going to leave it at this, You design and manufacture very well made exhuast system's. there clean, crisp and make loads of power. However im sure my buddy just had one bad apple in the bunch.

he now has fmf, he used to have pro circuit, i am %100 sure it ****ed his bike up. He got a Mrd pipe, i believe it was "Procomp"? im not positive, the pro circuit pipe was on it when the cdi went bad, he installed the fmf pipe first ride after the cdi was replaced, bike ran good, i like the look of the Mrd over the pro circuit. alot cleaner, But his header cracked. So im not positive on what is wrong with the crf 150R's may just have been his, but they have a recall for the cam, aswell as the swingarm hes sending his bike in this week to be repaired.

DH367 I believe we have gotten off to a wrong start, If you think i ment to make your exhuast system's sound outdated' bad' or anything on that note, I didnt, honestly when i rode his bike it pulled the hardest with your pipe, problem was the bike overheated 3 times since your "procomp" system was installed, may have been the jetting im not sure.

on that note, im going to leave it at this, You design and manufacture very well made exhuast system's. there clean, crisp and make loads of power. However im sure my buddy just had one bad apple in the bunch.

yea , I belive so , no hard feelings here :)