Sign in to follow this  

Super sad story, death of a teen and good friend. (video)

Hey guy's i just want to get the word out on how unsafe speeding and street racing is. This grieving father was a close friend of my father's. Still is, but is plagued with the torture of losing a son. Please watch this, and tell your friends about this video and what will happen, http://www.jammin4jay.com/media.html

as he said to me"You can be the rat, and tell your best friends parents that hes been doing cocaine, He may hate you, but damnit you know you saved his life, And only a real friend can be willing to lose his friendship to save your life."

He drives all around British Columbia, showing highschool's his son's car explaining the story and he say's every time he does he looks up at the crowd and see's more than halve of them crieing, He knows he did his job. His son's shoes are still stuck in the car. His ex wife tried to buy his son her love by getting him a 350hp eagle talon. when his father found out he told her "Im giving you no f***in sympethy when our son gets killed in a car accident" 10 week's later his son died in this tragic accident. I hope this set's out an example and if only you could see the car in person would it really effect you all emotionally.

Wow that was tough. we have an eighteen month old son. every parents nightmare! im going to re post that on myspace to share with others. may God bless his soul

My girls brother is a hot head new rider on a 08 GSXR750, she keeps getting pissed off that I keep hoping he has a safe crash on the bike. He has no offroad expierence so has never gone down.

For him to slow down he needs to slide across the road...the guy was doing 280K this winter with ice on the ground? A slow speed front end wash out and some lost skin will help.

To see what the guys dad is going through is tough, but he was right just as I am. Its not if it will happen but when..Don't even want to ride with him.

Bev

I am amazed to see that there are so many kids out there riding with no experience- There should be better training required before you can get a license both bike and car.

I think EVERYONE should go to a skid pad and have a car go out of control on them. It only has to happen once and when u realize how easy it can happen and how once it goes there is no longer anything u can do to stop it you'll be damn scared to do anything like that again.

thats hard to watch, one of my friends from school got killed in a car accident a couple years ago, but i didnt learn my lesson just last year i was a passenger in a drag racing accident we crashed going over 100mph and thats what it finally took to learn my lesson.

The first day I got my license, my dad had me drive thru an empty parking lot. He told me to get going ~40mph of so and when I did he ripped up on the e-brake. It scared the hell out of me. He taught me how to correct for a slide and not to freak out.

That was hard to watch. I have 3 kids 7,5 and 19 months old, it's scary to think about them driving around with friends in a few years being a complete n00bie.

Took me having a very close call to learn my lesson. 10 years ago I had a few beers in me and just had performance work done on my car. I was 21, no seatbelt thought I was so badass and indestructible. Doing 100 down a backroad when a deer jumped up. I went to avoid it, back end lightened up and I spinning into a field. All I could do was shut my eyes and hold on. I felt it go up on two wheels but somehow it didnt go over. It slammed back down on a hump with all 4 wheels off the group. I just remember opening my eyes and seeing dust and that I just missed a telephone pole. My skidmarks were still there a year later and it would make me sick to my stomach thinking about what could have happened. Needless to say I was scared straight.

I do performance driving schools. I drive a 450 hp 97 Camaro around on the street. People always ask me how fast I've had it up to, or to show them what it'll do. They are very disappointed when I tell them that I don't do anything at all on the street. I take it to the race track, where it's safe.

I strongly feel that anyone who has a teen driver, take them to a performance driving school, in their car. I've seen many a dodge neon, cavalier, and even a Cherokee. It's about learning your car, and gaining a huge amount of situational awareness. I rarely panic anymore. There's almost always a better alternative than just slamming on the brakes and driving into the car in front of you.

And you know, if you do a track event, it really gets going fast out of your system. I live 1 mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway. While I may drive more aggressive, I am no where near the limit of my car, myself, or my surroundings, yet I still have fun.

My Dad, my brother, and myself have been doing driving schools since I was 18, and my brother was 16. 10 or so years later, even though my brother has a Supra that dyno'd over 450 to the ground, and I have had the Camaro, we have never had a ticket, except for an illegal U turn, or something like that.

It makes you aware how NOT fun it is to take an unnecessary risk on the street when (if you could afford it), ever month you could be tearing up the race track.

Steve

Thats what I am saying, use the track for your speed fix..

Had a friend who loved my bike when I was 20, GSXR1100 he went an bout a 750 thinking if I can he can. I had 10 years of MX racing under my belt.

He hit a house and has been in a wheel chair for 22 years. Seen him a while back after 20 years and he still regrets the bike.

Always try to show the young guys the right way even if you feel like your wasting your breath..one of them may listen..

Bev

im new to driving so this cared the heck outta me... im glad my dad took me out in the snow to show me how to handle a car the was going out of control and how to prevent it from doing so

yeah man, that makes me wish even more my kids would stay the same age forever.

Thats tough man. 3 friends of mine and a girl I'm dating were almost killed on saturday night. Thats nuts....really hits hard when you sit in the hospital and watch your friends parents ball.

Theres a time and a place...not on the streets.

i've never been brought to tears before by a video but that did it. that image of that man having to hold his son that way is gonna stay in my head for a very long time. :) theres a lot to be learned here i hope everyone learns something from things like this

Alcohol and driving are a terrible mix...These days we have an even worse plague to try and confront while driving......Text messaging with mobile phones. We just had a coworker's daughter die cause she was sending texts while driving, lost control and flipped 4 times...She was 16.

This was a great video and I hope everyone who watches it (especially the younger TT users) can learn from this tragic mistake. Please listen to your parents and teachers when they tell you about the consequences of speeding or using drugs/alcohol then getting behind the wheel. They're not trying to bore you with a lecture. They are trying to save your life.

good video.. there are alot of unexperienced drivers out there these days and with availability of faster cars to consumers you will see more of these accidents happen.. one of my best friends is a 21 year old very inexperienced street bike rider, i warned him not to get a big bike, and even went out bike shopping to point out good bikes to start on (from all the accidents i have witnessed in the past and my own riding experience).. he goes out and buys a gsxr1000 cause its faster, and he will get bored of riding a 600, or even a smaller bike he can learn on.. true any bike can hurt or kill you but its the riders/drivers themselves that need to know there limits.. i also agree that driving school, crash course should be mandatory for a liscense and some states already do that..