Sign in to follow this  

Yoshimura RS-4 for the DRIZZLE!

Has anyone heard anything about the new twin RS-4 system for the drz400sm?? Looks SUPPPPPER SICK just want to know if its comparable more to the RS-2 or the TI? Price point? Release date? I'm stoked for it if it performs!

Tell me about it. Im pissed i'll have to invest in those horribly ugly muffler sliders. Wouldn't a hard fall bend the pipe anyways? Looks AWESOME but makes me nervous.

I can't argue the fact that it does look cool. Cool isn't even the word I would use. It's downright sexy! If I had money pouring out of my butt and it wasn't an issue, I would have 2 DRZ's, one to look pretty, and one that is strictly function.

One of the things I like most about my SM is that it isn't a sport bike. If for some reason it tips over, next to no damage happens. Granted I have spent some money on protective parts, but still, this is a bike you can crash, pick back up and ride home (seen it happen). The new Yoshi system SCREAMS the exact opposite of that. If you crash with that system, it doesn't even matter which side you do it on, damage. I don't think that muffler sliders would save them in a crash either.

It's still freakin' cool looking. I now see that they are offering a carbon can for the RS2. I wish they had that when I bought mine, I would have bought that one in a heartbeat! Then again, I am a complete sucker for carbon fiber. :p

I saw a version of that pipe YEARS AGO..... "Nabe" made it for a supermoto race at Laguna Seca (2004 or 5) to be run by either Travis or Schwantz, I can't remember. It looked/looks flat out AWESOME! Finally they put it into production....very cool. Those guys make the coolest stuff ever!!

Jonny