Sign in to follow this  

Anyone looking for a teammate?

Hey All,

Going to be moving up to Seattle next week, and I don't think I'll be able to bring my bike. :p I plan on buying something hopefully in the fall/winter this year (I hope I hope I hope a 2010 TC250!), and in the meantime, I might, might have access to a yz250f or crf450r now and again. But I'm thinking I'm going to go through massive withdrawals!

Anyways, I see that NMA has a team class in a lot of it's races, plus I've noticed other races that do as well that aren't on the NMA series this year. I race Open B in the desert races here in Utah, but I feel like I could race Open A as I raced A in Colorado and did okay and in the Utah races I generally finish ahead of a good portion of A riders anyways.

So if there's anyone that wants to race team and needs a teammate, let me know! Or maybe you've always wanted to try a race but didn't want to commit to a whole race, join the the team class and cut it in half! Either way I'm game.

I figure this is a huge long shot in the dark, but I'm already having stress attacks from the possibility of future withdrawals due to not riding or racing as much as I'm used to! Never hurts to ask right?

Looking forward to meeting many of you. :ride:

Welcome to Washington...you're going to love the riding here!

As far as team races go, while there are a few team races each year at Eddieville and Starvation Ridge they are not part of the NMA series. There is also a team class at the Desert 100 which is the premier race in Washington and is not to be missed. None of the races in the NMA offroad series have a team class.

No need to just hit the team races though...there is more than enough offroad racing here to keep you busy all year long.

www.nmaoffroad.org is a good place to find out what is going on.

Yeah I'm excited. Reason I mentioned team is cause I don't have a bike immediately available. :p With any luck I'll be able to use one of the two I mentioned, but I really can't count on that as it would be counting on someone else's good will. Next year I should have a bike, but in the meantime I might just be a bystander going through with withdrawals! I've got a friend in Boise who might come up to a race or two to do a team with me to keep me from suicide so hopefully that works out too. :ride:

Look up "trackmaster" on this site, i think he said something about renting bikes at one point. Not completely sure but think I read that on another forum.