Sign in to follow this  

09 CRF 450 Vibration?

im getting alot of vibration through my bike ive raced it twice now at the first two rounds of the GNCC series and my hands are going numb from the vibration anybody got some suggestions?

i agree, my 09 is flawless, stall it alot though, heh

is your Idle set at 1800 rpms ? I had that same problem, had my idle tuned to 1800 and I rarley stall it anymore.

yea if you turn the idle up it defintely helps with the stallling. and all the motor mounts were tight. I put a FMF T.I on it because i had to bring the db down and i needed the spark arrestor, but besides for that I havent made any mayjor adjustments.

Think the mapping of the EFI could cause this since the exhaust might be throwing it off?

You wouldnt think mapping would cause the bike to vibrate like that.

Have you tried swapping the pipes over to see if that made a difference?

If it makes no difference maybe it is something internal out of balance?

Did you ride the bike with the stock exhaust on it?

Was the vibration there then?

Have you checked everything else is tight?

Check the steering stem nut under the clamp. If the stem is too loose the engine will vibrate all thru the front end.

Check the steering stem nut under the clamp. If the stem is too loose the engine will vibrate all thru the front end.

I was thinking something like that.

I have heard of loose handlebar mounts causing vibration.

is the only way to know the rpms is to put one of those rpm gauges on the spark plug, i dont have one and dont really want to buy one just for that. Is there an easier or cheaper way?? I def dont want to break the decomp pin eighter.

is the only way to know the rpms is to put one of those rpm gauges on the spark plug, i dont have one and dont really want to buy one just for that. Is there an easier or cheaper way?? I def dont want to break the decomp pin eighter.

You can take this info for what it's worth. I dunno if it's right or wrong. Using a tach would be the best way.

HRC euro has told MDK that 33 clicks is the majic number. MDK doesnt vouch that just info that was passed on. mdk set theres with a tach. when i spoke to them about my pin they mentioned that when they spoke with them that is what HRC is doing 33 clicks

hope that helps. i am gonna try to find one of those clamp on ones at an auto parts store bc my tach/hour meter one doesn't work for shit

Check your counter balance shaft for correct alignment.

Another thing I did to mine was to fill the inside of the handle bars with expanding insulation foam from Home Depot.