Sign in to follow this  

09 DR650 jetting w/ GSXR can help please.

I found great jetting tips from MX Rob site for my stock 650 but nothing for my planned mods. Now I am installing 01 GSXR titanium can, Hindle mid pipe, grind header flange weld, Twin air filter with stock backfire screen, Jesse air box lid mods, elev. sea level to 1000'. I have KTM LC4 needle and also stock needle. I would like to use KTM needle and need starting point for needle shims/spacers/clip position, etc. I found info on DJ needle but nothing for KTM LC4 needle. What is best starting point for Mikuni main jet (guess is about a 150). What is good starting point for pilot jet (guess is about a 45). I have removed fuel enrichment screw plug. I am running all stock slide spring and slide vacuum holes. Thanks.

This bike runs so well now stock with 2mm slide shims, 2 full turns out on enrichment screw, and removed snorkle. I'd just hate to muck up my planned mods.

I think mx rob found the best deal with that ktm needle was a smaller opening than the normal in the airbox, 140 main jet, and a 7mm height increase for the needle. I guess you could have the box open more with a larger main jet though. Its all in his needle thread anyhow :p fyi, you might find the bike runs/idles better at the mo with just 1 turn out on the fuel screw

Hi Turtle,

I'm running a DJ kit so I don't know if this will apply to your situation or not, but I did not need to go up with the main jet when I swapped to a GSXR pipe. I thought I'd need to go from a DJ 155 to a 160 but I got a rich bog when I did so.

Sarah

I'm interested in knowing what DJ jet size and needle position people have found most successful in the stock carb using the GSXR can. I have mine in pieces currently waiting for spring and would like to learn from others expirience rather than trial and error. I havent found searching the threads to be of much help on this as most seem to talk about KTM needles or pumper carbs. Thanks

I'm interested in knowing what DJ jet size and needle position people have found most successful in the stock carb using the GSXR can. I have mine in pieces currently waiting for spring and would like to learn from others expirience rather than trial and error. I havent found searching the threads to be of much help on this as most seem to talk about KTM needles or pumper carbs. Thanks

I'm using the GSXR600 can which is a little more restrictive but my carb settings are...

160 main jet.

Clip 4th from top.

45 pilot jet.

1.2 pilot air jet.

Dyno'd at almost optimal a/f ratio.

DJ 155 and needle 4th clip, air/fuel screw 1.5-2 turns out; same as I ran with the stock muffler. I'm at about 800' elev.

Sarah