Sign in to follow this  

Any experience with these dealers?

I see so many of these posts, people up in the air but when you're spending some $$ you want to make sure you get the right bike.

I live north of Pittsburgh PA. Lots of yami/suzuki dealers around but no KTM/Husky. I am very strongly considering a WR250R but nervous of the power. I like everything else though.

I wanted to check out some KTM/Husky's an see if theres one that would work for me. I was thinking a 450exc or te450 or TE310. Can I use these as a MOTORCYCLE also? This is my only bike so i truly need dual sport. I sold my sport bike and now just have a CH125 scooter. So I need to be able to have my fun in the woods, mostly woods riding around here. but at the same time i want to be able to tag along with my buddies and their friends/wife on motorcycle trips so i'd be travelling some 60-75mph speeds at times too.

I love the huskys because of the engineering and nice components like zocchi fork, excel rims, etc...

Getting back on track, that question and does anyone have any information on Shulz service center south of pittsburgh, or Beaver Creek in Libson Oh, or anywhere else close to western PA?

For your intended purposes, and given the fact that you have some offroad riding experience, I would go with a 600cc class bike. My choice would be a Husky TE610, followed by a BMW 650 X-challenge (left over new ones can be picked up at a big discount). I want to like the KTM 690 enduro, but they are having some teething problems with the first year models. If none of those bikes fit your budget, then check out the XR650L or DR650SE (if you're shorter), or even a DRZ400s. Even the WR250R would be okay, but you may not like the power, considering coming from a sportbike rider. Forget about the 450cc class of bikes, as they are too high-strung for extended highway riding, especially the Husky TE-310, 450, and 510, as they are geared very low.

As far as dealers in your area, ask this question in the Northeast forum on this board, and you might get more answers. You can ask my friend JKM712 about the Husky experience, since he also lives north of the 'Burg and has a TE450. I live 10 minutes from Beaver Creek cycle, and from a few people I've talked to about them, they are an okay dealership (have Rodney do your service), but they have basically no new bikes in their inventory. My personal experience with them is limited. European Motorcycles of Pittsburgh is a good BMW dealership to deal with, and they allow test rides. Five-star KTM is a very good KTM dealership located North of Pittsburgh. For Yamaha, I've had good experience with Millennium Cycles in Beaver Falls for stuff like parts and changing street bike tires. They seem like good people.

Last thing, check out our local WesternPA dual sport forum at Rambos.com/forum if you're looking for more people to ride with. Good luck!

Mark

Thanks for your help. I am pretty close to European in wexford. Do they do husky also do you know?

I second the 610 Husky, Champions ride Husky (The commercial says so!!!!) and, now that BMW owns Husky, the dealer network and parts availability can only improve. Cool bike 4-sure!!!