Sign in to follow this  

Fun replacing GG suspension linkage bearings

I'm doing my totally shot linkage bearings on my TXT. The dogbones were easy, pressed all the bearings in and out with no problems. However, the linkage bearings on the underside of the swingarm are a bear. Trying to get a good angle in the press with the whole mess is quite the feat.

Anyway, I pressed the old ones out. I was able to get one in, but I can't get the bushing into the bearing without major force. The All Balls kit came with 7 identical needle bearings, so I'm assuming that I am supposed to use the same ones in that spot as the ones I used in the dogbones. Sound right? I suppose I might have cocked it in the bore somehow, but I don't see how I could have done that. Since there are 7, do I have an extra one to use or am I missing where the last one is supposed to go? Also, there are two bushings in the kit that have a shoulder on them. Is this an improved version of the long straight bushing that goes in the double needle bearings I'm messing with on the bottom of the swingarm? Thanks for any help.

Give Ed at Rock Logic Trial a shout. He can confirm the All Ball Kit (they are the dist) you recieved and probably give you some great tips . Phone number: 614-203-8514