Sign in to follow this  

Knee MRI Films

Dr. Mark, I would like your opinion on my MRI.

It may be difficult to tell anything because of the shitty images. Sorry there's a lot, just trying to help you. Thanks.

LeftKneeMRI003.jpg

LeftKneeMRI004.jpg

LeftKneeMRI005.jpg

LeftKneeMRI006.jpg

LeftKneeMRI007.jpg

LeftKneeMRI011.jpg

LeftKneeMRI013.jpg

LeftKneeMRI014.jpg

LeftKneeMRI015.jpg

LeftKneeMRI018.jpg

LeftKneeMRI019.jpg

LeftKneeMRI020.jpg

LeftKneeMRI021.jpg

LeftKneeMRI022.jpg

LeftKneeMRI024.jpg

LeftKneeMRI025.jpg

LeftKneeMRI026.jpg

LeftKneeMRI027.jpg

LeftKneeMRI029.jpg

LeftKneeMRI030.jpg

What is done to "treat" edema?

I take the films to my Dr. on Friday. I'll let you know what he says.

My Dr. said exactly what you said. Edema. He also said something else but I can't remember what it was exactly...bone bruising, possibly.

He also said, I'm doing "too much, too soon", and I'm stressing it with weight bearing activity making it worse.

He said no running, leg press, squats etc. (no weight bearing exercise) and only use the stationary bike, but limit the use because of my patella. He said come back in 6 months.

What are your thoughts, do you agree/disagree?

I was prescribed a brace to help with my unstable patella. Are you for or against these? Looks identical to this...

426r.jpg

I know what he's gonna say....

The same thing he told me when I told him what brace I had. "They all suck."

He's typically not a big fan of braces.

Now, I'm nobody, but my patella was dislocating too and if I didn't wear the brace, I couldn't stand, let alone walk. Bottom line is, you do what you gotta to get around. At least until you are able to start trusting it again.

Baby steps.....literally.

Dave

I know what he's gonna say....

The same thing he told me when I told him what brace I had. "They all suck."

He's typically not a big fan of braces.

Now, I'm nobody, but my patella was dislocating too and if I didn't wear the brace, I couldn't stand, let alone walk. Bottom line is, you do what you gotta to get around. At least until you are able to start trusting it again.

Baby steps.....literally.

Dave

What are you doing for the patella now, if anything?

I had Dr. Mark check/repair it when he was in there repairing my ACL.

The best thing I did was having Dr. Mark do the work on my knee. I still get excited when someone asks me about it. Mainly because I'm doing things now that all the other Dr.s I asked said I wouldn't do for 6 more months.

I'm not riding yet, but it has only been 8 weeks since my surgery (Jan.21st). I have another 4 weeks before Dr. Mark will allow me to ride. No worries though, 3 months is waaay better than the 9 months other Dr.s told me I would have to wait.

Sorry, I get carried away with my own story, but there are exercises you can do to strengthen the muscles around the Patella. Leg lifts are one of them but you should ask a PT or Dr. for their recommendation on exercises.

I did this stuff for 25 years in order to survive without surgery to repair the weak Patella Tendons. Finally, since Dr. Mark was in there anyway, he checked and repaired it. I wouldn't have done the Patella repair surgery at my age (42, man I sound old) but I wish I had it at age 17 when it first happened.

Dave

I had Dr. Mark check/repair it when he was in there repairing my ACL.

The best thing I did was having Dr. Mark do the work on my knee. I still get excited when someone asks me about it. Mainly because I'm doing things now that all the other Dr.s I asked said I wouldn't do for 6 more months.

I'm not riding yet, but it has only been 8 weeks since my surgery (Jan.21st). I have another 4 weeks before Dr. Mark will allow me to ride. No worries though, 3 months is waaay better than the 9 months other Dr.s told me I would have to wait.

Sorry, I get carried away with my own story, but there are exercises you can do to strengthen the muscles around the Patella. Leg lifts are one of them but you should ask a PT or Dr. for their recommendation on exercises.

I did this stuff for 25 years in order to survive without surgery to repair the weak Patella Tendons. Finally, since Dr. Mark was in there anyway, he checked and repaired it. I wouldn't have done the Patella repair surgery at my age (42, man I sound old) but I wish I had it at age 17 when it first happened.

Dave

No worries...it's good to here others' experiences. :)

My goal is to get it fixed, whatever I may need done, within the next 2-3 years (that's my guesstimate). That's around when I'll be taking the CPAT (physical ability test), for firefighting.