Sign in to follow this  

Motorcycle rack

Any of ya'll using something like this for your bikes? Any thoughts?

3k33p63o1ZZZZZZZZZ9383301283a33761c.jpg

dude i saw one of those on the freeway seems like it would work fine, but your back tyre might wear prematurely

the only issues I can think of relate to the trans... most machines have at least a couple internal parts that requires the engine to be running to pressurize the oil system..

you could take the chain off

I wouldn't toe my bike across the street with that janky contraption. :p Looks like a ruined bike just waiting to happen. :ride::moon:

Hard braking would cause the bike to go diagonally upward on the roof of the car me thinks. Nothing stopping it from going forward except the front wheel.

Don't own one, my buddy does and totes his yz-250 around on it. Have seen one other brand, not nearly as sturdy as his. His is rock solid compared to the other one (didn't catch the brand, probably those things they sell on ebay for $!00). I realize this isn't much base for my case, but I wouldn't suggest it if I had any doubt it wasn't worth the money. I'll get one when I've got the $$$ to spend on it.

No way, to expensive for what it is and too many potential probs. PLUS dont tow it on the turnpike or you will get socked for extra axles.

These guys have unbelievable prices for an aluminum hitch rack.

www.discountramps.com

motorcycle-carrier-2.jpg

$129.99 +30 s&h

286 - In Stoc

They also have thought about the rack rattling and swaying in the receiver, they have a part made for it and a spring tensioned hitch pin.

I built my own rack using an adapter for a mesh rack and some tubing.

personally id never trust that thing with my 7k dollar bike attatched to it. maybe if it was last resort and i was only going a mile or two.

i use a mxhauler trailer hitch, its got a hydrolic jack on it so you just put the bike over the stand, jack it up, strap it down. they are pretty expensive but i only bought it because i traveled to another town to pick up my bike and they didnt have anything cheaper, but i got it for cost so it was around the same price.

The "tray" style works well enough, but takes up garage space. Strap your bars down to anchor points parallel to front wheel and go. Most have the extra ramp that rides with it for ease of load/unload. Rocks a little in the receiver, though which is a bit hinky until you get used to it. This is likely a better mousetrap at twice the price, but I don't own one yet: http://www.ultimatemxhauler.com/product_features.php

Or you could spend the 150 dollars on a fold up 4x8 trailer from harbor freight. Those hitch haulers are fine but why not get something for the same price you can use to haul other junk, atvs snow machines, dead bodies, landscaping debris....

Rocks a little in the receiver, though which is a bit hinky until you get used to it. ]

Get a locking hitch pin. This is not the one I have, I got mine at uhaul and it works perfectly. It's threaded and you can tighten it with a socket. Eliminates virtually all the movement.

http://www.etrailer.com/pc-bra~S64027.htm?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=ppc

Or you could spend the 150 dollars on a fold up 4x8 trailer from harbor freight. Those hitch haulers are fine but why not get something for the same price you can use to haul other junk, atvs snow machines, dead bodies, landscaping debris....

I've got both the hitch hauler and a little 4x8 Harbor Freighter. I use my trailer all the time, but all I can say to why one over the other? No regi fees or license plate for the hitch hauler vs. the trailer, sometimes the trailer can be a pain in the butt to drag around for the bike, etc.......

Each has their place.

I use one of those trick, super-custom hauling devices: a pickup truck. That said, I would love to pick up one of those hitch mount ramp/type units. I've got a couple of friends who use them and they can't say enough good things. That would free up more space in my truck for beer on my annual Laguna Seca MotoGP trip, too! :)