Sign in to follow this  

98 Ktm 125 Exc

hey im new to this site, also my first post

but i just recently picked up a 98 125 EXC, while taking it out on a ride i was having fun just ripping though some trails then all of a sudden bike just dies, i figured that it was just a fouled plug, so after replacing the plug i try to start her up and i get nothing :p , i checked to see if i had spark, which i didnt. so i know it could either be the stator, coil, or the ignition box but my question to all of you guys is.

how can i check each part to to make sure they are working properly without going out buying things that i didnt need to buy?

is this a common problem for this bike?

and if u guys have any more info on this bike for me, i would love to know more about this bike.

thanks in advance

oh btw heres a pic of the bike

l_c64999e73b754cb3979f48e90f21bdd6.jpg

yeah i thought of that but i would like to just check everything myself so i dont have to pay them to tell me whats wrong with it.

my brother just had the same problem with his bike..he just used a multi-meter and tested the continuity and found his problem CHEAPEST WAY!

things to check are the connections, ground point under the tank, the plug cap(it screws on n off and has a wood type screw in it that screws into the wire), the kill button. After that its the CDI and stator. See if the wires from the engine to the tank are burned by the pipe.

I had a bad kill switch one time the bike just up and died.....tried everything but the $12 switch I finally found the problem by disconnecting or switching the wires, I can't remember but one of those.Then it started on the first kick.