Sign in to follow this  

The future for my 07 yz250f! Any thoughts?

Ok I'm deploying for a few months and will come back with some play money. Here are my plans. My bike is stock right now besides a 51t rear sprocket.

full exhaust (FMF Factory 4.1C Megabomb System)

hot cam (intake)

hot cam (exhaust)

high comp piston (08 yz250f)

FMF jet kit

What do you guys think and how much will this change my bike? I went from a 02 yzf426 to my current bike. Rode it for a year to get comfy on it and now I'm pertty much wfo everywhere on it. I've had 2 races so far this year and I got smoked of the start both times :p.

I also want to do some suspension work. What do you guys recommend? I'm about 6' 198 lbs. I already have a stiffer spring in the rear and it rides good. I really don't have any complaints but I know that it could be better I just don't know how much.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

i have almost the same set up but i have the power bomb and a pro lite piston. it really opened my bike up. i just clocked it last saturday and it went just over 80 mph.. it is an 03 and it has the stock 48 tooth sprocket, 4.1 system, hot cams, prolite piston and jetted of course

I would send your head off to get ported, and the carb to get bored out by williamsmotowerx, then get his cams, and then the 4.1 with mega bomb system, but not the carbon fiber one like you listed, unless you like changing your packing every 10-20 hours.

I would send your head off to get ported, and the carb to get bored out by williamsmotowerx, then get his cams, and then the 4.1 with mega bomb system, but not the carbon fiber one like you listed, unless you like changing your packing every 10-20 hours.

That would cost me a fortune in shipping. I live in Japan.

jesse at williamsmotowerx will modify your cams and valves, port your head and massege your carb, all for about the same as that fmf full system. shipping cant cost that much. that will add about 3 hp across the board. all with stock exhaust. the fmf you want will add .5 hp.

are you in the navy or marines? i was stationed in japan, maybe if i had my bike there it would of been alot better.

are you in the navy or marines? i was stationed in japan, maybe if i had my bike there it would of been alot better.

I'm in the Air Force and I'm soooo glad that I brought my bike over here with me. They don't ride as aggressive over here so my style stands out a lot and I get a lot of attention. Their pros are about equivalent to a good A class rider in the states.

if i were you, i would curb stomp the idea of the fmf. they dont appeal to me on 4 strokes, i have a weapon mx system for my 07. HOWEVER if i were to go back and buy a new system.. i would go with one of these

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-3388-1170-rs-2-titaniumtitanium-full-system.aspx

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&sku=005-16401&searchstart=0&template=Templates/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Yam-YZ250F-FULL_07.html

i would put hotcams in it, race ignition, icat spark modifier or w/e the **** its called, iridium x spark plug, k&n filter and 12 uni filter power breathers in the airbox. give it all the air that it could ever need.

thats just me tho.. im just throwin a couple other ideas out there. cuz theres more to exhaust than fmf :) whatever you decide to do im sure it will end up being awasome.

The FMF system is nice, but if you want to save some money, instead of the carbon fiber version, get the titanium can with a stainless midpipe, same performance for about $150 less, plus it is more durable. Then if you want to save more go for a stainless powerbomb instead of the megabomb. More durable and another $150 less. The powerbomb gives you almost the same performance as the megabomb. Most people can't feel a difference between the two.

I know you said you changed the rear spring, but have you had any other suspension work done? HP is no good if it doesn't stick to the ground. I just spent some time working with my local tuner, and we got it about perfect for me. Then I got some Michelin tires and it sticks like glue and is set up to allow me to go faster than I've ever gone on any bike I've owned before. My motor is stock 03 but with Dr D pipe. Just my $.02.

I only have a stiffer spring in the rear but I have it set up pretty good with bridgestone rubber. I turns well and stays tru through the whoops will I'm wfo. I do think I'm going to have it revalved will it's all torn down. What else should I do to the suspension?

Greetings fellow ChairForce brother! I'm stationed at MacDill and own an 07 wr250 as well. What all have you done besides the exhaust, cams, piston, cam kit, and rear sprocket? Have you pulled the grey wire, removed the AIS and changed the throttle stop? How's your low-end? Since you mentioned getting smoked off the line? Might want to change your front sprocket and play with different rear sprockets to get some torque on the dirt. What kind of racing you doing over there? Indoor/outdoor, track style/enduro? Lighten that beast up more! All kinds of accessories that weight less than factory options: foot pegs, gear shifter, chain, wheels, tires, etc. And don't give these guys a hard time about shipping costing you a fortune; some of us are aware how much COLA Japan-based people get!

COLA ain't what it used to be my man. And with the dollar being worth about as much as a sheet of sand paper, it doesn't go to far over here. I have a yz250f though not a wr. I get smoked off the line because I'm about 200lbs and the biggest japanese guy is about 180. They average about 130-150 so the have the power to weight ratio covered. I haven't done anything to my bike yet these are all future plans.

Sorry Big Sky, didn't see you had the YZ. Please disregard my previous post. Still might want to consider the front sprocket. Stay safe on your TDY.

big sky u stationed in misawa by chnace? i just came from over there last june...and i totally agree with u about the riding skill between there and here...i went from being a A class there to gettin stomper here :) but the tracks here allowed me to become faster since i coud work on a bunch of things so i would love to take my bike back and whoop on that ace...

and on another note, how much do u like the 51 rear? im reall really considering in droppin one in since i also came from a 00 426 in which i still have

I'm at Yokota. I here there is good riding up at Misawa. The riding here is pretty spaced out. I like the 51t in the rear. It lets me go through tight turns in third a lot easier without a lot of clutch.

The bike feels like a feather coming off of a 426 huh?

oh def lighter lol

have u ever rode with the eckert's? i rode with them in misawa...ive heard the same thing from them bout yokota and its suppose to be rather expensive too...misawa wasnt bad for tracks but alot of them catored to 85s which was kinda gay. but there was a ok varitey of tracks within resonable range...

u def need to hit Sugo and Fugisawa...fun tracks

Yeah I rode with them a few times. The older one left to join the Force a little while ago. He was pretty fast. I kinda upset because I'm leaving really early in the season but 1 I have no choice and 2 I get to buy parts for my bike. I'm just starting to find some off the bigger tracks up here. I rode on a pro national track yesterday. It was a lot of fun. I was in 4th and 5th gear a lot. They are having an All Japan National there next month. I leave the week before so I will miss it this year but I went to that round last year and had a blast.

sweet man...i wish i was still makin the cash from being in japan though...id be gettin me a brand new spankin bike if it were the case lol