Sign in to follow this  

opinions?

Alright guys i have a problem, i recently bought a 01 kx 125 for 300 bucks. The guy said alls it needed was crank bearings, fair enough thought. Turns out it needs a connecting rod and bearing, main bearings, stator rotor and clutch hub. Iv been trying to sell it for 300 bucks and i asking to much? i personaly dont think so it only needs about 400 bucks to be put into it to make a nice bike. what do you think????

If all the other parts are there, it is not a bad price. The problem may be that the repairs needed are going to be HIGH priced at a dealership after labor is included. Anyone who can do the labor himself may not be interested in putting the money and time into an 8 year old 125. Most people that could do the repairs may want a 250.

Running, working properly 2001 KX125's are not selling too well right now.

It would be a good bike to put a KDX 200 in, and if you were closer I would think about buying it.

Ed

Hold out, man. I bought an 85 in a box for $200 more and have $1400 into it. It was quoted as a $900 parts only repair by the dealer with the bare minimum of parts (crank, rod, piston, seals/gaskets, bearings, jug, and head). That's what is scaring people... you need to find one of us do-it-yourselfers. There should be more of them popping up in this economy.

It's a deal I'd go after in a heartbeat!

-Kerry

I gave $350 for the same year KX125 about 5 months ago. Was all there but the motor was beyond saving...was pulled apart for some unknown reason and left to rust in a bucket outside :) . I bought it for a KX/KDX project so I wasn't worried about the motor. Yours sounds alot nicer, $300 is completely within reason.

Have you considered parting it out? The complete frontend should bring at least $200 alone on ebay. Also might want to try advertising over on the KDXrider.net forums, seems like at least 2-3 people over there are building hybrids at any given time. Also try advertising on craigslist if you aren't already. Good Luck!

I think you are slightly underpriced if the rest of the bike is in good shape. The spring riding season is coming up quick. Hold your price for longer would be my thought.

part it out on e-bay. You might make your money back and then some.

Go to KDXrider.net and post it in the for sale section. Ill bet someone there would give you $200 for just the front end. Alot of KDX guys convert to the KX front ends so they can have USD forks. You may get lucky and find someone nearby who wants to build a hybrid (KDX motor in a KX125 frame). I would start the bidding at $400 or part it out on ebay.

Joseph