Sign in to follow this  

XR600 parts..what u got?

Hey guys I know I'm probably not supposed to do this but I'll give it a try. I just put up a post in the parts wanted section for xr600 parts. I know that lots of people never look in the wanted ads so I'm hoping to catch a little more attention with this post. Please check it out if you get a chance..thanks.

I read your wanted ads and would suggest eBay for getting used stuff cheap. Stock headers and mufflers run about $50 for the pair, front rims maybe $40, and old plastics are maybe $100 for the whole set. Side panels are really expensive, even used.

I've scored nearly two dozen choice parts off of eBay including side panels, a head, bars, transmission side covers and cases, and so on and so forth. Once in a while I get something for a buck (like a new stator).

So far I haven't been ripped off either.

Good luck and once all of your parts come in make sure to post a before and after pic of your pig!

"O"

I've scored nearly two dozen choice parts off of eBay including side panels, a head, bars, transmission side covers and cases, and so on and so forth. Once in a while I get something for a buck (like a new stator).

"O"

Exactly what Owyhee said.:p

A lot of people don't like dealing with ebay, but most of the accessories on my XR came from there. Out of maybe thirty transactions over the years, I only had problems with two.

I havent scanned for parts lately because I'm happy with my bike the way it is right now, but your post sent me searching.

Where else are you gonna find something trick like this? Back in the day I had a neighbor who actually bought one of these and paid like three bills for it, this one has no bids and is starting at a penny! :ride:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-XR-500-XR-600-White-Bros-Swingarm_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a4Q7c65Q3a1Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem170309317606QQitemZ170309317606QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I've got an Applied upper billet triple clamp that uses fat bars and raises the bars 3/4", a K&N filter, and a set of Eibach fork and shock springs specifically for the 600. Probably have a few more goodies but need to check. If interested PM me

I've got an Applied upper billet triple clamp that uses fat bars and raises the bars 3/4", a K&N filter, and a set of Eibach fork and shock springs specifically for the 600. Probably have a few more goodies but need to check. If interested PM me

I have one of those on my XR600-forked and shocked, CR500-framed, XR200 powered wifebike. It's one trick part and totally blingy.

"O"

I have 4 XR600's in my shed at the moment, 3 on stands and one in a box.

Trouble is I only have one engine running at the moment.

I am seriously in the need of 2 stock camshafts.

Can some one point me in the direction were I can get a good price on one out of the States as here in Australia they want AU$350 (US$226) and I have to wait a month to get it at that price.With the global cash crisis the cost of parts have gone through the roof here.

I have 4 XR600's in my shed at the moment, 3 on stands and one in a box.

Trouble is I only have one engine running at the moment.

I am seriously in the need of 2 stock camshafts.

Can some one point me in the direction were I can get a good price on one out of the States as here in Australia they want AU$350 (US$226) and I have to wait a month to get it at that price.With the global cash crisis the cost of parts have gone through the roof here.

They seem hard to come by even here. You might consider a HotCam. I am. There can be had for $130 to $140 USD.

They seem hard to come by even here. You might consider a HotCam. I am. There can be had for $130 to $140 USD.

Thanks Cleonard,if you use a hotcam,can you still have the auto decomp?

ive got a standard cam in my garrage. its just been taken out and only had 12,000 easy kms on it.still has the auto decompression on it and all in very good nic.i live in adelaide,s.a. would be prepared to swap parts or cash for it.if this post gets barred by admin,ill see you in the parts wanted section k.

• Like 1

im using a stage 1 cam. it wont let you use the auto decomp. they are a great cam but make it harder to start in the morning. on my standard cam it would take 1-2 kicks, with the stage 1 its taking me 5-10 kicks. might be cos i need to resort my carb but tried lots of things and still having troubles.

hey what are the benefits of the white bros swingarm??? lighter or stronger? and does it effect the ride height or rake and trail? looks awesome and would consider buying one if there are any left but would like to know some info about them first.

I have one of those on my XR600-forked and shocked, CR500-framed, XR200 powered wifebike. It's one trick part and totally blingy.

"O"

hahhahaha a FRANKENBIKE!!! Love to see a pic.

hey what are the benefits of the white bros swingarm??? lighter or stronger? and does it effect the ride height or rake and trail? looks awesome and would consider buying one if there are any left but would like to know some info about them first.

The XR500R is sort of before my time but I'd wager the WB swinger replaced the stock steel one.

"O"

Awww come on guys....what about my parts...!! Somebody has a kickstand laying around somewhere. It doesn't even have to be a xr600 kickstand just as long as it's steel.

Gotta love TT!!! I got me a cam at a good price, thanks to thestuz.:p

You got it, I got a bling chromed out steel kickstarter from Owyhee and I won't be able to break it like the stockers.:)