Sign in to follow this  

ttr230 in oz whats the go jetting 0-3000ft.

just bought the wife a ttr230 (sweet little ride) WILL BE DOING THE USUALL AIRBOX AND EXHAUST ENDCAP MOD.what jetting would be good.stock with mix screw changed or rejet.(JD maybe,does he make one)all options open.thanks.

I can't believe no-one's answered you yet mate.

In the U.S. our bikes are set up to meet enveronmental standards. I don't know if yours are shipped the same way. After the air mods (the exhaust mods are pretty useless) here's what I had to do to get a nice running bike.

I changed the pilot jet from 36 to 38. yamaha part#43f-14342-19-00

I changed the main jet from 125 to130. yamaha part#288-14343-19-00

There was a metal cap covering the idle screw which I had to drill out.

First adjust the idle screw for smooth idle, then adjust it for no hesitation off idle. Mine ended up about 1 and a quarter turns back from the stop.

3000 feet shouldn't make a noticable difference. Hope this helps.

Vince

I can't believe no-one's answered you yet mate.

In the U.S. our bikes are set up to meet enveronmental standards. I don't know if yours are shipped the same way. After the air mods (the exhaust mods are pretty useless) here's what I had to do to get a nice running bike.

I changed the pilot jet from 36 to 38. yamaha part#43f-14342-19-00

I changed the main jet from 125 to130. yamaha part#288-14343-19-00

There was a metal cap covering the idle screw which I had to drill out.

First adjust the idle screw for smooth idle, then adjust it for no hesitation off idle. Mine ended up about 1 and a quarter turns back from the stop.

3000 feet shouldn't make a noticable difference. Hope this helps.

Vince

I just ordered a Power Core 4 FMF pipe for my daughter's TTR230, and was going to ask the same question. This answer gives me a great place to start!! Thank you

Ok i have a stock 05 ttr230. want to order some jets today. I looked up the yamaha numbers given on this page and the total comes to 50.00. so does any one know the part numbers for the othe company that makes jets for a ttr230?

thankx

Ok i have a stock 05 ttr230. want to order some jets today. I looked up the yamaha numbers given on this page and the total comes to 50.00. so does any one know the part numbers for the othe company that makes jets for a ttr230?

thankx

If you don't want to spend $50.00 to improve the performance of your bike, ride it as is. You wont be able to keep up with the other TTR230s but you'll have your $50.00.

good point. i think i will spend it .. but the part number up at the top for the main jet didnt work. i tried it twice and came back as nothing. could anyone provide a link for both the main and piolt jets?

good point. i think i will spend it .. but the part number up at the top for the main jet didnt work. i tried it twice and came back as nothing. could anyone provide a link for both the main and piolt jets?

Sorry Hockyboy, the yamaha number for the main jet #130 is 288-14343-65-00. my mistake.