Sign in to follow this  

Roketa 125 Rectifier/Voltage Regulator

:p i need help. i bought this bike had it for one day. rode it for a couple hours on and off. shut the bike off and when i went to restart it i got no spark whatsoever. was told to check the magneto pick up and it is supposedly fine. now im bein told that the bike doesnt have either a rectifier or voltage regulator on it and it must have one to run. any advice/suggestions/ideas? all will be greatly appreciated. took coil off my bike and tested it on another as well as the cdi and checked all wiring with multimeter... still no clues

If the bike doesn't have lights on it, there is no need for a rectifier or voltage regulator.

Bad source coil on the stator plate, bad ignition coil or a loose spark plug boot, bad CDI box, bad ground connection, kill switch stuck, broken, or in the OFF position, key in the OFF position

spark plug is good. using kick start therefore no need for battery or starter relay. traced all wiring using a volt meter and checking resistance. switch opened and closed circuit correctly as shown by volt meter reading... is there any way to check the mag and its coiling other than replacing it? cdi box is good as well as plug wire/coil. put them both on a running bike to make sure they are and bike started no problems.

it was equipped with it from the factory but has since been removed. all corresponding parts have also been removed. battery, starter, starter relay, starter button...

Sounds like the stator itself is bad, if you've checked everything else.

I'm having a similar problem with a Chinese made Baja 125 that my neighbor just brought home...

Will not start, no spark. Wiring is all connected and in good condition.

Any idea what the resistance through the stator should be?

i have no idea what the resistance should be. have you checked your CDI yet? You could buy an IRK online for like $45 at pccmotor.com, or replace the magneto.