Sign in to follow this  

11-year-old dies in Hopewell Township crash - RIP Lincoln Brookens

11-year-old dies in Hopewell Township crash

By staff reports, March 9, 2009

Last updated: Monday, March 9, 2009 3:47 PM EDT

An 11-year-old boy died Saturday from injuries suffered in a motorcycle race crash at Doublin Gap Motocross in Hopewell Township.

Lincoln Brookens of Wyalusing, Bradford County, died of multiple traumatic injuries, according to Dauphin County Coroner Graham Hetrick. An autopsy was performed Monday morning. Hetrick said the death was accidental.

Emergency responders aboard a Newburg-Hopewell Volunteer Fire Co, rescue unit dispatched to the Doublin Gap track summoned a Life Lion helicopter to the scene, according to company Chief Ed Hoover.

Hoover says the boy was transported to the baseball field in Newburg, where the helicopter landed and flew the victim to Hershey Medical Center.

Cumberland County Dispatch records show the initial dispatch came at 3:02 p.m.

Hoover said there was no ambulance on standby at the race track when units from Newburg-Hopewell were summoned Saturday. A Shippensburg Area EMS ambulance was stationed at the track for Sunday’s Wyatt Barto Memorial Race — the season opener at the track just south of Newburg.

Track partner Rod Yentzer said Monday he no comment on Brookens’ death “out of respect for the family.”

He later noted that Saturday was a practice day and an ambulance typically would not be on standby then.

http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2009/03/09/news/local/doc49b543f6c1f96806997886.txt

My heart and prayers go out to the Brookens Family. If anyone knows them personally, I would be happy to speak with them and let them know they are not alone in their journey - a journey no parent should have to take.

May Lincoln Brookens "Rest in Eternal Peace!"

My thoughts and prayers go out to this family. It would be so hard to deal with losing a child. Have fun in Heaven Lincoln! You'll be missed buddy!