Sign in to follow this  

DaveJ's phase 4 KTM kit

Hey will this fit on my 04 125 sx. I do not know what size forks I have. Also how many people have run this for moto only... do you like it for that? I am looking for that progressive feel and it sounds like this has it. I do not want something that will bottom out if I come up a little short... or long! Thanks

Yes, the parts will mechanically fit your forks (48mm open chamber WP forks with 14mm piston rod). Neverthelss to my understanding the parts were developed with the successor of your forks which have a 12mm piston rod. This change in internal fork dimensions alter the damping characteristics of the forks considerably thus requiring a setup change for the Big Mac (Phase4 KTM kit). I don't know if Dave has ever worked with a 14mm piston rod WP fork, so an adequate setup may not be in existence yet! Best to ask Dave directly.

Michael

• Like 1

Yes, the parts will mechanically fit your forks (48mm open chamber WP forks with 14mm piston rod). Neverthelss to my understanding the parts were developed with the successor of your forks which have a 12mm piston rod. This change in internal fork dimensions alter the damping characteristics of the forks considerably thus requiring a setup change for the Big Mac (Phase4 KTM kit). I don't know if Dave has ever worked with a 14mm piston rod WP fork, so an adequate setup may not be in existence yet! Best to ask Dave directly.

Michael

He's right.

The kit will fit but the tuning will be slightly different to match the performance of the different size rods.

However, it's not too big of a deal as we vary the set-ups based on rider needs and types anyways.

BUT...we are still learning a lot about what set-ups are ideal so there is a lot more testing that needs to be done. With that, the kit is a very good kit that has gone through a fair amount of durability testing, but we have a ways to go before we can say what set-up is best for each and every type of rider.

So..if you love to experiment and like to tune a suspension, this is a great platform to work with. If you want perfection straight out of the box, I don't think we are there quite yet on all the various models and rod sizes.

Well thanks for the response. I am realy just learning about the suspension which I will pick up fast witht he right information but it takes alot of research online. So I am not really to the point I could realize what I have in my hands to tune. Hell I may not even be able to realize how good your system is becuase I have not had much experience with revalve.

I have read that you , DAVE, will supply anyone with your parts, to your specs so they can do it themsleves.... what else do you have for a good setup for my bike(04 125 sx) that I could install myself in the front end. The front I am not scared of.

I am 215 in gear, MX only, novice/intermediate rider but I need something that will soak up hard hits and not kick me around too bad. Like I said I am new to supension tuning and very interested in what I can accomplish with it! Thanks