Sign in to follow this  

XRL operating temps

I just installed an XRs only temp dipstick and am wondering what to expect for normal operating temps. I have rejetted (DJ kit), stock exhaust, and only had the bike out once to test (have to find breaks in the snow). after about an hour of riding it hovered around 250deg. good?bad?

thanks

WM

im sure someone on here will correct me if im wrong, but i beleave 250 is just about average, and good. Its not uncommon for 300 to be seen on hot days.

do a search, its been talked about in some lengthy threads.

My 600 usually reads between 225- 275 when riding inthe woods so 250 on the road would sound perfect to me

thanks all,

I did a search and it seems 225-275 is normal with 300 pushing the high end.

just in case anyone else was wondering :p

I just installed an XRs only temp dipstick and am wondering what to expect for normal operating temps. I have rejetted (DJ kit), stock exhaust, and only had the bike out once to test (have to find breaks in the snow). after about an hour of riding it hovered around 250deg. good?bad?

thanks

WM

what was the outside temp when you were around 250deg.? do you still have the stock tank with the air shrouds? the reason i'm asking is, i just added air shrouds to the side of the 650l motor and i'm trying to see how much they are lowering my temps. thread (put wings on my pig).

what was the outside temp when you were around 250deg.? do you still have the stock tank with the air shrouds? the reason i'm asking is, i just added air shrouds to the side of the 650l motor and i'm trying to see how much they are lowering my temps. thread (put wings on my pig).

the outside temp was around 50 deg. I am currently using the stock tank w/shrouds.

the outside temp was around 50 deg. I am currently using the stock tank w/shrouds.

thanks! with a larger aftermarket tank, you don't have the shrouds. so over the winter, i made a set of shrouds, just to see if they would help at lowering temps. my last ride here in pa, it was 65-70deg out, and the temp never went over 220* on a 80mi ride. so my wings must be doing something. have to wait till summer and 90deg though to really tell.