Sign in to follow this  

does anyone else here service their DRZ at home?

as per title

I do all my own servicing and wondered if anyone else here did the same? or do you all get it done at the dealers?

:p

as per title

I do all my own servicing and wondered if anyone eles here did the same? or do you all get it done at the dealers?

Based on the fact 99% of the FAQ is intended as a guide for doing your own maintenance, I think the answer is fairly obvious.

Not to mention 80% percent of the forum discussion.

Tipsy

Based on the fact 99% of the FAQ is intended as a guide for doing your own maintenance, I think the answer is fairly obvious.

Not to mention 80% percent of the forum discussion.

Tipsy

I did A search and nothing came up

"home servicing maintainance" :ride:

ooops...... I HONESTLY never even saw the FAQ section before!!!!

iv'e only been on here A few years :p

I feel kind of foolish now :ride:

oh well

as per title

I do all my own servicing and wondered if anyone else here did the same? or do you all get it done at the dealers?

I service all my bikes ,even if the first one is included when buying a new one.

I do all my own work, unless it involves machining.. I don't trust anyone else to mess up my bikes... :p

I can proudly say that I have never once had a dealer service any of my bikes. I have had a couple privately owned shops work on them, but I worked at both of them and was part of the process and they were pretty involved projects.

Dealers suck.

im not going to pay for someone else to get to know my bike that well!

I can proudly say that I have never once had a dealer service any of my bikes. I have had a couple privately owned shops work on them, but I worked at both of them and was part of the process and they were pretty involved projects.

Dealers suck.

I have a dealer service my bike as often as I can get to see him. Once a year at least.

Thanks Eddie at OTD. :p

I have a dealer service my bike as often as I can get to see him. Once a year at least.

Thanks Eddie at OTD. :p

Oh sure, hit me with that, lol. We all know Eddie isn't considered a dealer in the way that we know them. He doesn't suck :ride:

My DRZ is my first bike and I made a decision when I bought it to force myself to learn about the mechanicals through doing my own servicing and upgrades (within reason). Thanks to this bike and this website, in a years time I have acquired a number new skills and a great deal of confidence. I plan to continue pushing myself to learn more by doing as much as I possibly can myself.

I take it one step further and do it IN my home.

drzbadsm.jpg

Can't beat that but my own garage counts, yes?

I finally built my garage last summer and looking foward on doing all that I am able to myself, with the help of all you guys :p . Its nice not having to plan a repair around the weather forecast.

I finally built my garage last summer and looking foward on doing all that I am able to myself, with the help of all you guys :ride: . Its nice not having to plan a repair around the weather forecast.

Insulated and heated??

I wish....:p