Sign in to follow this  

Husqvarna TE450 Vs. Husaberg FE450

With all the great deals out there now I am going to bite the bullet and get a new bike. I was set on looking for a left over 2008 TE450 and came across a left over 2008 Husaberg FE450 for $5000. Does anyone have experience with these? How do they compare with the TE450 performance and maintenance wise?

my buddy had the husky's and they are prone to moisture in the cam tower. the bike was not washed right away and the whole top end corroded. the bergs are just bergs. save your money and get the 09 berg

Bought my TE 450 new last year and love it. I was on a 02 YZ426F and was nervous the TE would be a dog:bonk: . Results- I only rode my YZ once last year after i got the TE and in fact traded it in on a Apex Snowmobile this winter. So Husky you will not be dissapointed in. Just go to their forum and see all the happy riders, :) BTW My TE has the power up kit:thumbsup:

I owned a TE 450 2004, it was an excellent bike, I even used it in MX tracks, only clickink the suspensions, the only but was the valves, they are made from Ti and last almost a year of normal use, so it is better to replace it for the stainless steel ones; but all around, it is a very good bike. By the way, they solved the problem of the valves, so I recommend the Huskys.

It's agrueable that the (2009) competition still isn't as good as the 2006 thru 2008 Husaberg, so don't be afraid it jsut because it isn't the all new 2009 model. I have a 2006 Hbg, and feel that it is the second best bike (after the 2009).

my buddy had the husky's and they are prone to moisture in the cam tower. the bike was not washed right away and the whole top end corroded. the bergs are just bergs. save your money and get the 09 berg

I suspect it was just your buddy's bike that has had that issue.(whatever the cause may be???)

I personally know of probably 50 huskies and have yet to hear of or witness any similar issue. Also have not read anything about this issue on any of the Husky forums in over 2 years.

Did your buddy water his bike out and neglect to fully dewater the engine? That's the only thing I can think of that could cause the type of corrosion you're talking about. If so, that has nothing to do with the bike.

Not judging or accusing, just sayin'

RE which bike;

My personal preference -

08 Husky vs. 08 Berg = 08 Husky

09 Husky vs. 09 Berg = 09 Berg(I've ridden one briefly)

BJ

How is the maintenance on both?

not sure about the berg but the husky is simple simple simple. easy oil changes, quick and easy valve check/adj .... simple ... :)

How is the maintenance on both?

The berg is very easy to work on, although it requires little attention. The 'berg model was refined from 2001 to the present, although by 2006 it had reached the very reliable point. The clincher should be that the Hbg is the best handling 4T out there. I'm on my 3rd Hbg, and the only thing I have against Hbg is that they don't make a 250 4T, since I like small bikes.