Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a 125cc Pit Bike

Hi, I'm new to the forums and I'm interested in buying a 125cc pit bike for under $1000. I'm 6'2" tall and weigh 200lbs, I'm not looking for anything that is race-ready, just something to bang around on the trailers on and near our property. I'd like something that can take some small jumps (nothing big) and be able to upgrade it with better parts along the way. I've read that there are a lot of fake Orions around but is the actual orionpitbikesales.com site legit? I'm not set on any brand so just give me your suggestions as far as brand and model. Please keep in mind that I'm tall. Thanks in advance.

yeah thats a legit site...got my bike through them. they actually have really good customer service.

yeah thats a legit site...got my bike through them. they actually have really good customer service.

Thanks...I'm not limiting myself to one brand but I wanted to be sure they were legit.

Thanks...I'm not limiting myself to one brand but I wanted to be sure they were legit.

smart guy:thumbsup:

Which of the 125cc Orion or SSR bikes would you suggest, again I'm 6'2" tall, 200lbs and I'd like to keep it around $1000.

Thanks for the replies. I honestly would rather buy something new, that I know hasn't been abused, and then modify as I go. Thanks again.

Does anyone know what brand engines the SSR bikes use? Also, I've found 3 different brand engines used on the Orion bikes: YX, Zongshen, and Lifan. Which one tends to be the better brand as far as quality, durability, power and ability to upgrade. Thanks.

I just would ask the guys at Orion pit bike sales. They will tell you which one is better. They are great people over there, I got a bike for my daughter from them. I am very, very pleased with the bike and their personal service. You can not go wrong with them and what they say. I feel you can trust them.

Thanks for the reply....what part of NY are you from? I'm about as far north and west as you can get in NY state, near Potsdam.

Thanks for the reply....what part of NY are you from? I'm about as far north and west as you can get in NY state, near Potsdam.

who me?