Sign in to follow this  

Crf250x couldn't swim

I just recently got in over my head "literally." I sank my bike....I have cleaned and drained my air box, carb, cylinder, changed the plug, emptied my exhaust pipe. The plug has fire....she still will not start, engine turns over fine. Sound like she wants to start but wont??? Any suggestions!

I just recently got in over my head "literally." I sank my bike....I have cleaned and drained my air box, carb, cylinder, changed the plug, emptied my exhaust pipe. The plug has fire....she still will not start, engine turns over fine. Sound like she wants to start but wont??? Any suggestions!

HAHA I have done this before! I tipped my bike up so all the water poured out of the exhaust, let the airfilter dry, drain the float bowl, drain crankcase vent, CHANGE the oil, Take the spark plug out and spray WD-40 in there. I had to do all of that in the woods... :p with no electric start :ride: good luck man!

I would run a compression check. Worst case scenario is that it was running when it went in (I'm guessing yes) and it sucked in enough water fast enough to hydraulic the cylinder. This can cause bottom end damage as well as bent valves...not good at all. Assuming it is getting fuel, a bent valve(s) would cause the symptom you describe.

As with all engines it needs fuel/air mixture, compression, and fire. If it has fuel and fire it probably has no (or not enough) compression.

I hope you also changed the oil in the engine and tranny. Remove the filter and spray a little engine starting fluid through the carb to see it if fires off. If it does you still have a fuel problem. If not, time to check the valves.

Thanks for all the comments...urlosin, you are right I had two of the three! valves and compression gone...time to get to work!

Sorry to hear that, that really sucks.

Time for an upgrade?