I Never Rode an Enduro Raffle

I Never Rode an Enduro Before Raffle

The Front Range Trailriders are offering 5 free entries for the Cucharas River Enduro, May 17th, to Thumpertalk members who is a ‘first time enduro rider’ (never rode an enduro before). Just e-mail your entry to the address below no later than April 15th. The winners will be drawn on April 17th, two weeks before the official drawing. This is for 2 reasons:

 To have the winners names available for row drawings, especially if they want to ride with others on their minute.

 For those that did not win, enough time to send in their entry before the drawing date to get the pre-entry fee and early drawing.

There are a few rules:

1. You have not ridden an enduro before.

2. You will have to pay all other costs; RMEC 1 day, camping costs, etc.

3. You cannot give your entry away should you win.

4. Should you win you MUST send in your entry. (entry on RMEC website)

This is a restart format, no timekeeping equipment or computer required.

Please e-mail your entry to: jfmarke@yahoo.com

Name: ______________________________________

E-mail Address: _______________________________

Phone #: _____________________________________

Indicate ThumperTalk member

I Never Rode an Enduro Before Raffle

The Front Range Trailriders are offering 5 free entries for the Cucharas River Enduro, May 17th, to Thumpertalk members who is a ‘first time enduro rider’ (never rode an enduro before). Just e-mail your entry to the address below no later than April 15th. The winners will be drawn on April 17th, two weeks before the official drawing. This is for 2 reasons:

 To have the winners names available for row drawings, especially if they want to ride with others on their minute.

 For those that did not win, enough time to send in their entry before the drawing date to get the pre-entry fee and early drawing.

There are a few rules:

1. You have not ridden an enduro before.

2. You will have to pay all other costs; RMEC 1 day, camping costs, etc.

3. You cannot give your entry away should you win.

4. Should you win you MUST send in your entry. (entry on RMEC website)

This is a restart format, no timekeeping equipment or computer required.

Please e-mail your entry to: jfmarke@yahoo.com

Name: ______________________________________

E-mail Address: _______________________________

Phone #: _____________________________________

Can you post a link about the enduro? Where is the race at?

Entry sent. I am probably going to try it weather I win or not but a free first time would be even better. If I do I will have a ton of questions about this Enduro thing. Time keeping seems complicated even if it is a restart type race you still have to match certian times for a given section right. That is what I get from the reading anyway.

Colemd, I got your entry for the raffle. To anwser your question regarding the format:

We'll be using a restart format. All checks are known, no timekeeping required.

There will be posted times to start each section. You will start when your number comes up and run as hard as you can till the end of that particular test section.

Then there will be what is refered to as a 'transfer section'. You'll want to ride this at a reasonable pace to the next check in for the next test. When you arrive you'll wait till your number/time comes up and ride that section.

Gas stops for the event will be back at the camping area. You'll be able to grab a drink and a bite and head out for another loop.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

See you there.

Jeff

Colemd, I got your entry for the raffle. To anwser your question regarding the format:

We'll be using a restart format. All checks are known, no timekeeping required.

There will be posted times to start each section. You will start when your number comes up and run as hard as you can till the end of that particular test section.

Then there will be what is refered to as a 'transfer section'. You'll want to ride this at a reasonable pace to the next check in for the next test. When you arrive you'll wait till your number/time comes up and ride that section.

Gas stops for the event will be back at the camping area. You'll be able to grab a drink and a bite and head out for another loop.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

See you there.

Jeff

Thanks, I appreciate the quick reply and answer.

im new to this and i sent in my entry... that doesn't make since to me.. how is a winner named? or is it kinda like a poker run where there isn't really a "winner" ? what is the benifit of running hard if you will just get done to wait for the next section? can you please tell me more? what class would i start in? im a novice mx rider and i run mainly trails now. B class?

There are two sections to the race track. Special Tests and Transfers. Ride as fast as you can in the Specials. Ride relaxed in the Transfer. There are checkpoints that separate the sections. When you start a Special, there is a designated time to start, this is your minute. You will go through this with all the other riders on you minute.

Enduro's are scored with points. For every second you are in a special, you get a point. If you are late, you get a certain amount of points depending on how late you are. Rider with the lowest point total at the end of the day wins.

In no way is the a poker run. This is a real race with challenging terrain. C riders will usually not have to ride the difficult stuff that AA/A/B riders do.

Restart format are the easiest enduro's to learn. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder to enter. We're about a month away from the drawing. Also remember there is a kids race with various classes run Saturday afternoon. Check out the RMEC home page for classes.

• 3 weeks later...

Only a couple weeks left for raffle sign-up. We'll be at the site this weekend and should/may have an updated video. As a reminder, this area is only ridden for the enduro - awesome terrain, all single track through the 'scrub'.

Good luck and hopem to see you there!

Sent my email ?

What about numbers? Do we go to the rmec site and request a number?

In an enduro each race you are issued a different number by the promoter, unless your an AA rider. I buy the 3" stick on numbers at Wallymart. Some guys just put duct tape or white card board, paper plate, on their number plate and use a big marker to write the numbers. Some promoters will have stick on numbers available at the race Most races also have a A,B,C, or D after your number, again not all. So a typical number might be 34D or 12C or somthing like that. This is a pretty basic explanation of the number thing let me know if you have more questions.