How to put on new airbox door..?

Never done this job, but the way I would do it is:

1. sand off the round plastic head of the rivets on the door or with a large drill bit (size of the round part or slightly smaller, slowly (or by hand) drill through the head.

2. use a soldering iron or small torch/flame to melt the post, then use a rivet set (a piece that has a round indent to hold rivet when bucking them) to form the head, coat it with vaseline and stamp the melted plastic. You could just smash them over, but that would not look so pretty.

Some sort of glue/adhesive in between the plate and the door might not hurt.

Never done this job, but the way I would do it is:

1. sand off the round plastic head of the rivets on the door or with a large drill bit (size of the round part or slightly smaller, slowly (or by hand) drill through the head.

2. use a soldering iron or small torch/flame to melt the post, then use a rivet set (a piece that has a round indent to hold rivet when bucking them) to form the head, coat it with vaseline and stamp the melted plastic. You could just smash them over, but that would not look so pretty.

Some sort of glue/adhesive in between the plate and the door might not hurt.

I didn't quite understand that... lol.

let me try again.

1. to remove the white plastic from the door.... You will have to grind or cut away the little white bumps, a sander or a sharp drill bit, I recommended doing the drill bit by hand to ensure you don't drill through the whole assy. (hold bit applying pressure on white bump and spin the bit with your fingers.

2. to insatall the black plastic....It has little plastic posts/nubs stickking out from the back part. fit the part to the door, then once the nubs stick through the door you will have to heat them and mash them down to create a head. If you have something round about the same size as the white buttons you removed, you can make it look professional. As long as the nub is mash to expand larger than the hole in the door it should hold. To melt the nubs you could use a soldering iron, plastic welder, or even something as low tech as abic lighter.

• Like 1

let me try again.

1. to remove the white plastic from the door.... You will have to grind or cut away the little white bumps, a sander or a sharp drill bit, I recommended doing the drill bit by hand to ensure you don't drill through the whole assy. (hold bit applying pressure on white bump and spin the bit with your fingers.

2. to insatall the black plastic....It has little plastic posts/nubs stickking out from the back part. fit the part to the door, then once the nubs stick through the door you will have to heat them and mash them down to create a head. If you have something round about the same size as the white buttons you removed, you can make it look professional. As long as the nub is mash to expand larger than the hole in the door it should hold. To melt the nubs you could use a soldering iron, plastic welder, or even something as low tech as abic lighter.

Alright sorry about that. I understand now! Thank you! great idea!?

Alright sorry about that. I understand now! Thank you! great idea!?

No problem!

Dang it, Jake! I just gave you gas and now you posted a super gas-worthy post and I can't give you any! :banghead:

Oh well.

Is gas, the same as rep points...?

yes, just click on the red gas can in the right hand corner of the post you find helpful,

I just used some small side cutters to remove the "tabs" on the old cover and it pulled off very easily. Install the new cover on the door and use a soldering iron to melt the "posts" down the center than just mush them down with the handle of a screw driver to form the "tab". Do not use a torch as this will deform the door in the process of heating the posts.

Here you go. It comes with the side panels, you can't but it by itself.http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/26_76/products_id/2113

That is the truth, I even called UFO direct trying to buy one-no luck. Then I waited a while and called back telling them I had purchased the kit ( I actually had bought the Acerbics panels) and the door got broken, hoping their customer serv might help me out (wiling to pay for the individual part)...still no luck. They told me I would have to purchase more side panels to get another black airbox door. I thought it was the whole door not just a skin!