Sign in to follow this  

Cyrca Powerflow Plastics Kit

hello, i was interested in buying an all white plastic kit for my bike (2008 ktm 450sxf) and I was looking at the cyrca powerflow kit but ive heard that some graphics dont fit because of the shape of the shrouds and what not. I dont want to buy the kit then have the graphics not fit right. Anyone have these plastics and could help me out?

I have powerflow shrouds and had my local guy do a custom design. He used the template for the stock shrouds and it fits fine, but it does seem like there is more shroud there than the stock version. I wouldn't worry about it.

I am curious if the powerflow shrouds really help air flow however, because my bike has been overheating a lot easier than before I used them. It could be that the rad cap is worn out (I just replaced it with a higher pressure cap so we'll see), but I suspect the air flow just isn't as good.

IMG_0592.jpg

The front fender is fine.

The rad shrouds have the extra vents on the bottom so you need to trim those (I used a razor and it worked perfect )

The rear fender does fit funny. I used the stock fender. On my friends 250SXF the graphics peeled back while sitting in the shop.

I have powerflow shrouds and had my local guy do a custom design. He used the template for the stock shrouds and it fits fine, but it does seem like there is more shroud there than the stock version. I wouldn't worry about it.

I am curious if the powerflow shrouds really help air flow however, because my bike has been overheating a lot easier than before I used them. It could be that the rad cap is worn out (I just replaced it with a higher pressure cap so we'll see), but I suspect the air flow just isn't as good.

okay thanks for your input, also another thing you could try to help your bike run cooler is waterless coolant from zipty racing i think it is...ive heard this helps but havent tried it yet myself im gonna get some here pretty soon though

IMG_0592.jpg

The rad shrouds have the extra vents on the bottom so you need to trim those (I used a razor and it worked perfect )

The rear fender does fit funny. I used the stock fender. On my friends 250SXF the graphics peeled back while sitting in the shop.

okay thanks for your help :p

I think there's a miscoception that Powerflow rads help cooling...it's the exact opposite..

They pull air around your rads and to your air box and actually create LESS flow to throught the rads...

I've ran them and had cooling issues. I've since blocked the vents in the shrouds with better cooling results..

The only purpose of the different rad shrouds and rear fender is to get air to the airbox...

I think there's a miscoception that Powerflow rads help cooling...it's the exact opposite..

They pull air around your rads and to your air box and actually create LESS flow to throught the rads...

I've ran them and had cooling issues. I've since blocked the vents in the shrouds with better cooling results..

The only purpose of the different rad shrouds and rear fender is to get air to the airbox...

In other words, we'd be better off just running the factory white kit from the Hardparts catalog with the SXS airbox door.:p

At least this was my future plan...

i'd get the oem white stuff too, i bought the cycralyte front fender but it was orange, it looked real wide and was pretty floppy. The ktm quality is definitely higher

In other words, we'd be better off just running the factory white kit from the Hardparts catalog with the SXS airbox door.:p

At least this was my future plan...

Yeah, that's the route I'm going.... I already have a black SXS airbox cover and will go with OEM style black plastic...

It's impossible to fit graphics to the Cycra rear fender due to the grooves that are there for scavenging the airbox from under the seat. The shrouds won't fit at all if you are running any type of rad protection. I had to remove the vents that are riveted to the Cycra shrouds in order for them to fit over my Flatlander rad guards.

I'll still order up the Cycra vented from fender and vented number plate when I freshen up the bike. I'm pretty happy with the ones I have (although they are trashed) and I need all the cooling airflow I can get...

i'd get the oem white stuff too, i bought the cycralyte front fender but it was orange, it looked real wide and was pretty floppy. The ktm quality is definitely higher

We put OEM white on the girlfriends bike and it really wasn't a lot more money than the aftermarket stuff... like you said, it's way better quality also:thumbsup:

i like the look of the black brace on the ktm fender too. The cycra orange color faded pretty quick but i wouldn't suspect any problems with black or white. Either way that's a killer looking fender :)

I haven't had any issues with fade yet... :)

But yeah my fender is white.

What would cause the orange to fade so quickly?

im not too sure, maybe the oem color is molded differently, but its not like i leave my bike outside to get a sun tan either haha

IMG_0592.jpg

Does it cause overheating on the 144 still? I was going to get a full set of white powerflow plastics, I still am going to, I was just wondering what you thought.

I haven't experienced over heating in either offroad riding, or in MX.

I run the Cycra kit, and water/water wetter in my rad and my little beast runs fine. :)

I haven't experienced over heating in either offroad riding, or in MX.

I run the Cycra kit, and water/water wetter in my rad and my little beast runs fine. :)

My 505xc was overheating :-( I ended up putting in the Zip Ty racing waterless coolant (that's what solved the issue on my 450 exc) it didn't quite solve it....so i installed a fan on the radiator (PC case fan with an AC-DC convertor) and a coolant recovery kit. I run deep sand in the high desert (Idaho) and can't seem to overheat anymore

http://www.ziptyracing.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=MTMwNg==

http://www.rlrproducts.com/index.html

It should be hawt :)

Weasel. It could also be that you are running a big thumper in these conditions. I know they have the tendency to overheat much more then 2 strokes.