Sign in to follow this  

Dr. Mark how my scar look

It looks like its healing without an infection. Thats what is most important. Keep the sutures in for four weeks. Keep up the exercises. Post another picture if you want in better light.

Thanks for the reply doc. It's feeling great been doing every thing Ed said to do be able to move up to that colt 45 soon lol. How long do I have to use the hibiclens for? Thanks.

What was the surgery for? That's a pretty big scar you got out of the deal.

I've got a similar scar from my surgery to repair a broken collarbone. It was pretty ugly and swollen for a week or so (dr mark has big hands, lol), but healed up nicely.

Broken collarbone fixed by Dr.Mark.

Mine didn't look much different than yours at first eastcoasthon, but today at a little over a year old, you can barely see it and from 10 feet away, you can't see it at all! Sr Mark did a good job on me. :p

Hibiclens for a few days after the sutures come out at one month

Mine was actually cut 3 times over, last on 12/10/08 by Dr. Mark, and even with that abuse it looks pretty decent now. Who cares anyway? Its whats inside that counts.

just a few days on the Hibiclens...Ditto that..I used it for like 10 days after my surgery and was told I shld stop because it kills everything even new cells....it did not harm me in anyway but just use for a couple of days and you are good to go...I have a very similiar scar..no worries Dr Mark is the best!!!

Thanks for all the replys guys. Just 2 weeks how much better the collarbone feels and no bones rubbing together that right there is priceless.

A very strong anti-bacterial (anti-everything actually) soap. You can find it in your local CVS.

They also have Hibeclens pads, which are handy if its draining or weeping and you need to clean it up mid-day at work like I did.