What happened to Laninovich?

I recently browsed through some old MX films of mine, among those 6ix and stone spray sandwich. I came to the sections starring Laninovich, his style and whips really impressed me, needless to say. Then it hit me, where did this guy go?

I did a search and found he did some races in germany in early 2009, but what happened after that?

That's what I hope to get answered with this post, thanks in advance ?

I was thinking since he had been training on a Yamaha that maybe JGR would have givin him a chance and ride Cooper's bike for the remander of SX, but they gave it to Ramsey.

It seems he's been testing with Kawasaki for the last couple of weeks and with Ferry out now, there's a chance we'll see Laninovich racing again soon.

per RacerX:

Monster Energy Kawasaki has tabbed Billy Laninovich to ride the final six rounds of the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM Championship. Laninovich has been testing with the team and is now ready to compete.

"Billy has been great for us at the test track," said Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Manager Mike Fisher. "He has shown good speed and also continues to give us great feedback as we develop the 2009 KXT450F."

Laninovich is no stranger to the front of the field. Though he will be racing in the supercross class, the 26-year-old rider has five podiums and one win in the AMA Supercross Lites class.

"This is a great opportunity for me," said Laninovich. "It's an awesome feeling. Mike (Fisher) called me while I was testing and told me I would be racing this weekend. I want to race for a factory team and the Monster Energy Kawasaki team has a strong history of being one of the best in our sport."