Sign in to follow this  

KX 250 Swingarm bearing question

I am in the process of replacing all my bearings, and i am unsure of how far i should press the main bearing in. Does it go flush with the small end or the inside of the bigger end? Also, i got 4 thin washers with the pivot works kit. are those extra?

I just did my linkage and their were extra parts. I am not saying your parts are extra parts but they did send me extra bearings and washers. As well as races.

As far as pressing the bearings in, common sense will dictate. It will only work one way and the bearings will have a very tight fit. Grease them up good!

Freeze the bearings and heat the swingarm. Then use a very small amount of grease on the outside of the bearing. They will install much easier. Probably just a tiny bit beyond flush with the swingarm bearing edge. There should be a lip on the inside I believe that stop the bearings from being pressed into the swingarm too far.

if u use liberal amounts of greece u wont need to freeze of haet anything find the right size drift or socket and use a ruber mallet and i will side in easy as

No. Do not tap them in or you may ruin the bearing. Use a vice or c-clamp if you have to. You can even make your own tool using threaded rod and some other cheap hardware.

Thanks for the replies guys, I have already pressed the bearings in flush with end where the the washers and needle bearings go. I am just unsure if the grease seal should go all the way inside against the washer or just part way flush with the outside of the swingarm.

+1 on the "Do not tap them in" Use a vice. They are way to tight of a fit for you to tap them in with anything.