Sign in to follow this  

Fastway questions

So I got a killer deal on a pair of Fastway F3's I couldn't pass up..I've already intalled them, no probs there.. I haven't really found anything answering my questions as far as the performance of the pegs etc. I'm not a tall guy so I'm not looking for the "lowboy" type set up, just more the extra platform to stand on. My questions are; Has anybody does anybody ride these for MX? Any problems? Also how are they in corners etc. when you are trying to weight that outside peg?

Thanks in advance! :p

I had a pair on my 2001 YZ250F before this bike and liked the extra wide platform and traction. Better for landing from jumps, more support and grip. :p

Ive had them on like the last 5 bikes ive owned..Im 6'3 so I go with the lowboy style pegs.. All I ride is mx and they work great..The bolt that you can adjust under the peg that can raise the peg at a little of an angle, I take it in to a welder and have it welded..Once I get the peg exactly where I want it I have it welded ive seen a guy bust the peg off because of that so with my big ass im not taking any chances.. You may not have to if your light but to me its just a mind thing because if that bolt backs out all the pressure is on it.

I had that happen to my F1's. The bolt broke off. The F1 pegs used an allen type screw that wasn't sharp as normal teeth. At the outer most edge, my boots would slip off. I liked the wide platform but the adjustability was a negative for me.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll def have to watch that adjuster bolt just in case. I'm def on the lighter side as far as weight goes, so hopefully it won't be an issue.

mxjosh "At the outer most edge, my boots would slip off"

This is one thing I was curious about. I guess I'll just have to play with the angles available to see what works best :p

As you can tell by the picture on the right, the Fastways have only 2 contact points at the outer edge. My size 12 boot somehow managed to constantly go right at the middle section. My boot would catch the back screw but miss the front and one spike wasn't enough to hold my boot. As you can see by the peg on the left, the outer edges are well covered.

155363362-M.gif

As you can tell by the picture on the right, the Fastways have only 2 contact points at the outer edge. My size 12 boot somehow managed to constantly go right at the middle section. My boot would catch the back screw but miss the front and one spike wasn't enough to hold my boot. As you can see by the peg on the left, the outer edges are well covered.

155363362-M.gif

I see. Is that the Stompa on the left?

Yes, I'm not promoting them as I have never tried them...just an example of similar peg designs.

Right on.

Well, for the price I got the fastways for, I really can't help but try them out. Worst case, I just re-install the stock pegs until I find something else.

I really appreciate the responses!

Will the fastway f3 work in the lowboy position on my 06 kxf450? On fastway web site it say it will not work in lowboy position on this bike?

Not sure if the Fastways have a different mount, lowboys will work. I have lowboy stock pegs on my 06.