Sign in to follow this  

1st Trip to Spangler Hills

Hi gals! I've been around here for a while, but this is my first time posting pics. I got a new CRF230L back in November. I went out to the Spangler Hills for the first time this past weekend. My husband and I had a great time riding the maze of trails there, and I especially enjoyed playing in the rocks. It was my first chance to really get a feel for the 230L off-road, and I was actually quite surprised at how capable it is. Here's a few action shots my husband took of me. It's a great area to ride. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it!

5_09_03_09_9_21_05.jpeg

5_09_03_09_9_21_49.jpeg

5_09_03_09_9_22_22.jpeg

One of my favorite places to ride. Great pics:thumbsup: makes me want to be there.

Nice pics! Have ridden Spangler once, hoping to go back soon!:p

One of my favorite places to ride. Great pics:thumbsup: makes me want to be there.

SUN ~ If you guys don't do Baja and we don't do Moab... Spangler over a portion of Spring Break??? Maryann and Nick would probaby come as well. Whatta ya think?? :moon::ride:

Spangler is my favorite place to ride! we spend 11-13 days out there for the Christmas break Paradise just paradise!

I ride a honda 230 also New Years was my first real riding trip on it and love all the rocks as well:thumbsup: The ride to Randsburg and Pinnaccles are awesome my son and i see how fast we can get to the pinnacles everytime we go, Used to be a fair race but now hes on the 250 so he does....:p Lol

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Spangler is my favorite place to ride! we spend 11-13 days out there for the Christmas break Paradise just paradise!

I ride a honda 230 also New Years was my first real riding trip on it and love all the rocks as well:thumbsup: The ride to Randsburg and Pinnaccles are awesome my son and i see how fast we can get to the pinnacles everytime we go, Used to be a fair race but now hes on the 250 so he does....:ride: Lol

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like fun! We're hoping to go back again. We'll camp next time, so we can check out the area even better. I'll have to see if I can figure out the route over to Randsburg. I sort of raced my husband. On our way back to Spangler Hills, he headed up the pavement, while I took off on one of the side trails that runs parrallel to the road. It was a blast navigating the whoops and trying to keep up with him. Of course he beat me, but I had more fun! :p

NIIIIIIIIICE.... plated too!!!!!!!! rock on!!!!! its the way to go...

do you live in Palmtucky?!?!?! I have two plated motos... I learned on the 230 and now ride a 250... rock on!!! let me know if you are up for dual sport adventures!!!!

I now have a plated bike, let's try to get some rides together. Sarah I am trying to get up Saddleback/Silverado on Sunday(Maple gate) ..if you are around give me a call.

jckid, where do you live? Nice pictures.

We will be in the Dove Springs/Spangler area April 4-11

Sounds like fun! We're hoping to go back again. We'll camp next time, so we can check out the area even better. I'll have to see if I can figure out the route over to Randsburg. I sort of raced my husband. On our way back to Spangler Hills, he headed up the pavement, while I took off on one of the side trails that runs parrallel to the road. It was a blast navigating the whoops and trying to keep up with him. Of course he beat me, but I had more fun! :)

Most of our group knows how to get there me? no, it all looks the same to be i am so directionally challenged i am lucky to know where i live!:banghead:

We have gps's that have the coords already in them for the locations around there but the rand mountain trail map works very well also, You can look it up online also and print out the trail to Randsburg its pretty easy if we have small kids we do the pipeline route if we have none we go the other route which we like better.

The saloon burgers are kinda dry but they get washed down by pitchers of beer, We like the stores food better and they have shakes if its hot you wait a million years but their sandwiches are worth the wait IMHO.

We will be back out in the area at Easter and will do Randsburg,pinnacles,fish rock. Last trip we had some whacko's that rode to calcity from there was 95 miles that was too far for my butt:lol:

Looks like a great place to ride!

Very pretty, thanks for sharing!